Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Not sure about sound card

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TonyBHome userMember since 2004
I am thinking about buying the full version of Virtual DJ, but I am not sure if my sound card is multichannel and if I will be able to cue tracks in my headphones or not. I am not able to do this at the moment, but am assuming that this could be because I only have the trial version.
In my system configuration it says I have a Soundmax Integrated Digital Audio system, but I can't find out what that actually means!!!
I don't want to spend a lot of money on the full version if I am not able to cue in my headphones. Any ideas?

Posted Sun 31 Oct 04 @ 8:41 pm
Indeed TONYB you need the full version to be able to cue the phones.Regarding your soundcard,all you will need to get is a stereo splitter and you will be able to cue(Tandy $10)
If you want to go full stereo you will need an another card.
If you want to dj at parties,mobile or even clubs/pubs you are better off running a mono set up.No one will ever complain that you are playing in mono...ever!
Regards
DJ Andre Landry

Posted Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 12:45 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
There's a lot of cheap soundcards; I use a Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1 at 59€ and I think the sound is very correct even with 400 W speakers.

Posted Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 1:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)