Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Bug in the manual entry of BPM

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When I tried to change manually the BPM of a song I can't unless the song is in one of the deck. So I do not understand why you offer a dialog box to change manually the BPM if it does not work. In fact the dialog box is different for loaded songs since it has two tabs and a the button to tap on for getting the BPM.

I suggest you either deactivate the BPM change function for un loaded song or you make it available for any song with a unique dialog box.

Thanks

Posted Sat 30 Oct 04 @ 5:04 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
How could you possibly want to beat tap the bpm of a song if it's not playing???

The bpm edit window for not loaded songs is here in case you have a written list of the BPMs of all your songs (some old-school DJs do), and want to enter it quickly in vdj.

Posted Sun 31 Oct 04 @ 2:53 pm
Yes you are right. However you probably know already that the window for enering manually the BPM is not showing the in put although it does unpdate the BPM in the file.

BTW you should really think about storing your BPM in the corresponding ID3 tag.

Posted Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 1:12 am
bjbladerunner: don't forget that reading ID3tags is a more time-consuming task than reading the information from a database loaded in memory, which could considerably slow down loading a folder.

macourteau

Posted Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 1:28 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i agree dont have any problem with how it works at the moment

Posted Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 2:28 am
No problem at all with the way it works. Hardest part is getting all your BPM updated initially. After that, the dialogs are effecient for getting the data in. I make it a habit to make sure all my tracks have BPM values before going to a gig.

With vDJ's new improved BPM engine, you should'nt need to tap much at all. See FAME settings for BPM engine selection.

Posted Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 4:57 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
the team could always add the option to (on individual tracks) to take the BPM from the file and update its database from it, so for those few tracks that vdj doesn't get right can just be updated directly from the program,

a feature to save the current bpm to the tag from within vdj could also be quite usefull so there is a permernate record for those "tricky tracks"

i sergested this awhile ago but nothing came of it

Posted Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 7:39 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Right; VDJ should have an option to update BPM ID3 Tag without removing the track info from the database.

Posted Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 1:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)