Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Plugin request - video - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I'd like to request (for you plugin guys) a plugin

I have no idea how difficult this one would be.....

A bouncing/orbiting JPG

This way we can put our Company Logo and have it orbit the screen; instead of it being static.

Dinner/Cocktail hours - good time for an Orbiting logo, Trade Shows - I could have REALLY used this last week end. and so forth.

Just a suggestion.

Posted Wed 03 Oct 07 @ 9:00 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 8:30 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Failing that, I could probably modify ShowLogo to add a "Bounce" button - you resize the image to the size you want using the existing controls, then click bounce to make it move round the screen...?

Posted Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 10:25 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
SBDJ wrote :
Failing that, I could probably modify ShowLogo to add a "Bounce" button - you resize the image to the size you want using the existing controls, then click bounce to make it move round the screen...?

If you have spare time, it would be great ;-)

Posted Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 10:36 pm
I've had video cube and video rotation going at the same time; Looks cool

But I'd really prefer just a 2D bounce.

Like SBDJ said - that would really be cool

Posted Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 11:03 pm
I've removed the file - I just realised non-registered users would be able to access it. I'll MSN it across to you Marcel :)

Posted Fri 05 Oct 07 @ 2:43 am
OKay hit me with a pm for msn address

The Internet provider will be at my apartment to install net/cable tv. - I've been deprived for a about 2 weeks.

Only been able to use the net at work.

Posted Fri 05 Oct 07 @ 6:03 am
Thanks, done, link provided above will now work :)

Like I said, it's a quick implementation, I could add a slider to control speed, but I'll probably have to implement the panel as a dialog then (I can't see all the controls provided by that plugin anyway at runtime already anyway - the color mask slider is off the bottom for me) - unless DJ Cel has any input for me on spacing/layout of the VDJ provided parameter controls.

Anyway, I'm rambling, if someone wants to test and see if the logo does indeed move round their screen. Use should be fairly obvious ;)

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 7:03 am
OKay I downloaded it - Will check back in with you later, after I finish processing videos for play with VDJ.

Thanks for Your work. Much Apreciated.

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 4:11 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I get - Can not open file on all common file types -- BMP, GIF, and JPG. Is there something special your plug-in is looking for ?

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 7:36 pm
I get - cannot open this file - d3dx9_35.dll is missing.

I have no idea what that means.

I have it installed in the Video effects folder in Mydocuments VDJ directory.

Posted Tue 09 Oct 07 @ 2:40 am

Posted Tue 09 Oct 07 @ 8:04 am
I'll update when I get home and Check it out then
Thanks

Posted Tue 09 Oct 07 @ 6:20 pm
I updated my directX and tryed your plugin modification.

It's Exactly what I had in mind.

Just a slow bounce around the screen with a black background or a video.

I thank you very Much

May you be granted another star!!!!!!!

Posted Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 5:25 am
Now all we need is animated Gif support so you can use an animated logo (like you see on MTV ect).

Then those artistic of us can create a GIF that perhaps morphs between the DJ's name, and the clubs name..

Anyone that wants to tackle that? I'll remember you in my will! =)

Posted Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 8:53 am
cstoll wrote :
I get - Can not open file on all common file types -- BMP, GIF, and JPG. Is there something special your plug-in is looking for ?

I think I noticed this with the original showlogo plugin - IIRC a video window has to be active before you can load the image file.

DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
I updated my directX and tryed your plugin modification.

It's Exactly what I had in mind.

Just a slow bounce around the screen with a black background or a video.

I thank you very Much

May you be granted another star!!!!!!!

Glad you approve :) I'll probably make some refinements to the GUI to allow speed control etc....

halo_djk wrote :
Now all we need is animated Gif support so you can use an animated logo (like you see on MTV ect).

Then those artistic of us can create a GIF that perhaps morphs between the DJ's name, and the clubs name..

Anyone that wants to tackle that? I'll remember you in my will! =)

Hmmmmm... as I've said before, I'm new to this D3D programming malarkly, although I guess that might be a good time to start learning to use the DirectShow API. Certainly worth investigating :)

Posted Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 1:10 pm
Hey SBDJ You should upload the new version of this plugin to the plugin board so that everyone can share in your creation.

It really did make me happy.

Good work again!!!

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 1:11 am
Well it's all DJ Cels work, I just made a few tweaks, I won't do anything without his approval :)

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 3:43 am
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Would be nice if we can have an option to load automatically the album cover as logo

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 7:24 pm
Thats a pretty cool idea, I am sure it would be low on the cpu usage (lower than sonique) may be somethin to add a little spark to the show:)

Posted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 12:14 pm
87%