Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: iCDX jogdial MAJOR problem!! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

i brought this up months ago...

the problem continues...

here it goes...after working with a u46dj....1.016 drivers and two icdx's

every so often the whole setup freaks the hell out after trying to make a pitch adjustment....usually after 30-45 minutes of mixing

tonight after trying to put together a mixtape, the worst symptoms showed its ugly head again

both decks swapped sides, video window pops up, internal crossfader jumps all the way to the left, music stops, left player is unable to play anything until i restart vdj altogether

this problem existed with 4.3 and still exists with 5.0 rev 2

i have a HUGE...and i MEAN huge...career breaking gig this thursday and cannot afford to have this minor hiccup happen at that gig...please please pleas!! i know i'm just a peon in this entire base of vdj customers but i'm begging and pleading for a resolution ASAP...

somebody please help!!

my rig setup specs:

hp pavilion laptop dv9035nr
1.6ghz intel centrino duo core
2gb memory
2 SATA hd...(1 x 80gb [os] / 1 x 160gb [all music]
256mb shared ddr vdram (i'm running just music, no video)
2 x Numark iCDX (version 4.4)
U46DJ 1.016 drivers

creative soundblaster mp3 soundcard attached to record mix (just fyi...this issue still existed when this soundcard isn't present)

Posted Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 4:08 am
i forgot to mention that the severity of the glitch can sometimes vary from just the video window poppin up, to just the two decks swapping sides and both decks continue to work...i don't know what else to mention, the worst case scenario is the case mentioned above...anyone? insight??

Posted Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 3:46 pm
DJFocusPRO InfinityMember since 2004
man i have been trying to get them to answer this question and deal with this SAME issue for almost a year...and no one has come to the rescue...sorry man

Posted Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 6:46 am
well, tonight's the big night, my mixtape CD release party with about a thousand people, i'm hoping and praying (and keeping my ipod charged/hooked/playing to one of my mixer channels) that everything goes over smoothly!! unless someone has some kind of a resolution for me in time...=|

Posted Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 2:01 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Fri 05 Oct 07 @ 10:28 am
gpanosHome userMember since 2006
DjDizzle what happened thursday night?
Everything ok?

Posted Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 6:20 pm
what i ended up doing was thursday daytime before my gig i ran VDJ hooked it up to the iCDX's and played with it until the problem happened, (one thing with this problem, is that whatever the severity of it, it happens once in the same computer bootup) so it happend and i set my computer to hibernate...until i was ready for my gig

being cautious and paranoid i invested in a notebook cooler and an extra tabletop fan to blow towards the laptop, luck was on my side when it came to VDJ running flawlessly throughout my gig

on the flipside, my gig didn't go well because a neighboring club across the street knew we had promoted this event for weeks and decided to send 6 charter buses to a college 30 miles away and bring a crapload of college kids to their club, in turn taking my crowd away =( bastards!!

but i got called in to do another gig last night at a smaller bar, and the problem did occur again while i was mixing, this time this is exactly what happened:

-VDJ Video Window Popped up
-VDJ internal crossfader flipped all the way to the right
-iCDX's swapped sides
-music went silent (because internall crossfader flipped to the opposite side of my external mixer) it took me 20 seconds to figure out what the hell happened and to get music going again
-right side iCDX activated a 2 bar loop
-upon correcting all the craziness and getting music going again on left deck, right deck decides it doesn't want to obey the pitch slider whatsoever, and trying to mix songs became impossible as whatever played on the right deck, there was no way to adjust the speed of the song, all it wanted to do was play faster than left deck

i had to open up winamp, wait til song on left deck finished playing, fire up a track on winamp, shut down VDJ and restart VDJ to get things normal again

luckily when this craziness happened, it was still early and the crowd is so loud that not too many people noticed (you do hear a few "Awwwws" and "boooos" when the music goes though...

help help help?????!!!!

Posted Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 9:03 pm
FYI....PROBLEM STILL EXISTS....VDJ 5 REV 4....30 MINUTES IN MIXING TRACKS....SLIGHT PITCH BEND WITH ICDX WHEEL ON RIGHT DECK...ICDX'S SWAPPED SIDES, SEARCH FUNCTION ON RIGHT DECK ACTIVATED,MUSIC STOPPED...UPON CORRECTING SWAPPED SIDES...RIGHT DECK MUSIC BECAUSE STUPID FAST AND BEATMATCHING BECOMES IMPOSSIBLE EVEN WITH MANUAL PITCH ADJUSTMENTS...TWO DECKS NO LONGER WANT TO MATCH UP NO MATTER WHAT...

HELP...PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! I'M DRUNK AND FRUSTRATED....WHY CAN'T THIS JUST WORK RIGHT???

Posted Tue 09 Oct 07 @ 2:54 am
I WILL POST WHAT THIS SOUNDS LIKE TOMORROW...NO KIND OF MANUAL PITCH CORRECTION DOES ANYTHING...I AM FORCED TO RESTART VIRTUAL DJ

Posted Tue 09 Oct 07 @ 2:57 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Have you ever updated the firmware for the iCDX to version 44 ?

Also, where are you touching the platter, is it any where near the SCRATCH or SEARCH buttons? Are you sure you aren't accidentally touching them.

Also, if you are only doing minor pitch bend adjustments why aren't you using the pitch bend buttons?

Maybe it's the drinking and hitting the wrong stuff ? I have read your posts since day one on this issue and never experienced what you describe. So there must be something very unique that only you are doing or have in your setup that creates this issue.

As for the video window that I experienced once right after getting the iCDX and now can't reproduce if I turn OFF (DISABLE) Video in the Video tab.

Posted Tue 09 Oct 07 @ 3:22 am
just for the record...sober now...haha

i'm updated on the firmware for both iCDX's to 4.4

i'm 100% positive i'm not touching anything close to the scratch or search buttons...(i don't drink til i'm trashed and can't remember anything)

i typically keep the scratch button active so that i am i can add baby scratches here and here on the mix

using the platter is more comfortable for me to correct pitch, sometimes it occurs with either pitch bend or scratch

cstoll i appreciate your input, i can't quite figure out what is causing this, because, again the severity of the problem seems to vary rather frequently, and there's no one thing that i do all the time that will force this problem to occur...i don't know what else i can tell you about my setup except from what's listed above'

i was thinking that it might be heat, but i since i recently invested in a notebook cooler (AC powered, not usb powered) that didn't seem to help?

Posted Tue 09 Oct 07 @ 12:56 pm
currently reformatting my laptop right now with a clean install of XP and everything!! will keep posted of how everything works after

Posted Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 9:32 pm
I'm trying to update to version 44 right now. Can anyone walk me through it. I downloaded the firmware from he Numark site but I can't seem to burn just the iso file and as an image like they said. Can someone walk me through the process.

Andy.

Posted Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 6:03 pm
no avail...after a clean install of XP the problem happens now more frequently and repeatedly, last night it happened 3 times, CDX's swap sides, music stops, one deck speeds away upon trying to restart music, need to restart VDJ to get things working properly again, i'm stumped and don't know what else to do??? please help somebody!

Posted Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 5:29 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Dizzle -- I have the iCDX and have never experienced the problems you are reporting. I would seriously consider getting ahold of the dealer you purchased it from and maybe something is in the iCDX that has problems? Maybe the firmware upgrade didn't take right ? Might try Numarks support on the iCDX itself.

Posted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 2:29 am
This is definitely a true incident and should be really addressed.The only reason I bought the iCDX is cuz of VDJ and for this to be a happening after all the investment is not the best thing. For me, rev2 has been a lil bit more stable but the problem still exists. I thought installing rev 4 will make it better but it seeems to be worse, so i'm back to rev2.

Posted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 7:18 pm
again, i don't know what else to tell you about my setup, i've attempted to address all possible issues

my revision to 4.4 on the iCDX was completely flawless
i've addressed any possible heat issues with a POWERFUL AC powered notebook cooler
i've done a full reformat and clean install of windows xp professional sp2

i'm going to try the disabling video altogether tonight, i never noticed that function until recently

Posted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 7:36 pm
My issues isn't as bad as yours. I do get the damn video screen popping for no reason. I also have the issue of decks freezing up.

Joy... ugh.

Posted Tue 16 Oct 07 @ 5:49 pm
Yea my decks and all other options freeze except close function.. then i have to restart program.. this is not good for reliability... grrr

Posted Sat 20 Oct 07 @ 6:09 am
I've only had a couple of hours on the iCDx and having had it hooked up to VDJ, but have already found some of the issues you're all speaking of too. I thought I'd add some of what I've noticed too.

With only 1 iCDx and VDJ 5.0r4 - have found the pitch slider sometimes doesn't become active (no changes on the pitch at all) until you move it (slowing it down first is the only way) substantially. Once moving it around a bit - It'll become active.

I've also had the Video window popping up - I think this happened when pressing the left parameter knob. But still shouldn't be opening the video display.

Have also noticed some sound glitches presenting after a while (usually after the pitch slider goes funny) - especially after using some of the effects (controlled by the iCDx). Only a restart cleans them up.

Some fairly serious sound issues here - hope someone's really looking into it.

Posted Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 8:17 am
61%