Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin Error

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am trying to use the V-Mix skin with my 5.0 and I get an error message that mention line 37 in the XML.
Is anyone else having this problem? Any idea how to fix it?

I am using VISTA.. maybe that is the problem?

Also on the MixLab skin.. it works but the time remaining read gets cut off. For example if there is 34 seconds left in the track I dont see "00:34" but rather "00:3.." is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks

Posted Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 10:46 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Which res do you run ?
VDJ version ? 5 ?

Posted Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 11:51 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Are you using MAC version or PC version?

The problem with the Vmix skin is that the VirtualVinyl logo is overlapping with something on the skin (Charl1e Five knows that problem well).

The solution is to modify the skin and delete some things that appear in the top left in the skin. but this has to be done in the xml.

Posted Sun 30 Sep 07 @ 12:26 am
Fruit: I have tried EVERY resolution my comp has available.. even the one MATCHING what the skin calls for
I am running VDJ 5.0 rev2

JeremK: I am running PC Version
Do you have any idea what to fix in the XML?

Posted Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 11:48 pm
Did your grow up the windows fonts or change the fonts scale ?

IMO, it's problem related to your comp and custom font sizes. Or maybe you didn't install the specific fonts provided in the skin packages.

Posted Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 12:13 am
Fruit:
What do you mean by "grow up the windows fonts or change the fonts scale"? How is this done?
Also when I downloaded the skins.. I just double clicked it to install. I can only assume it took care of installing the correct font.
How can I tell what font I need? I have THOUSANDS available :-)

Posted Wed 03 Oct 07 @ 4:39 pm
I mean font-related changes in the Windows XP/Vista display cofiguration but I guess you didn't change anything there.

The specific fonts I told about are contained in the skins packages. You have to unpack the skin's zip archive (it's in C:\\documents\\VirtualDJ\\skins\\) and copy any eventually provided .ttf file in your C:\\windows\\fonts\\ folder.

Posted Wed 03 Oct 07 @ 5:45 pm
I have never actually seen a skin come with a font. I have downloaded a few skins and I always look inside the zip files to see what came with it. Especially since I have tried to resize MixLab one that I LOVE. Anyway the only thing I have ever seen is the bmp and xml files.

Posted Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 5:42 pm
So some of the skins will come with one or two fonts.

Anyway I really don't see what your problem is...

Posted Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 7:21 pm
I am trying to use the V-Mix skin with my 5.0 and I get an error message that mention line 37 in the XML.
Is anyone else having this problem? Any idea how to fix it?

I am using VISTA.. maybe that is the problem?

Also on the MixLab skin.. it works but the time remaining read gets cut off. For example if there is 34 seconds left in the track I dont see "00:34" but rather "00:3.." is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks

Posted Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 12:50 am
Which res do you run ?
VDJ version ? 5 ?

Posted Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 2:53 am
Resolution is set at the highest setting my card allows which is 1920 x 1080 but I have also tried using other resolutions which "fit" the skins I am trying to use such as 1280 x x800
I am using 5.0 rev.2

Posted Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 6:42 pm

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 6:28 pm
I have virtualDJ 5.2, when I start the program it will open and get to the loading skin process, but then an error pops up that reads Invalid Skin File (error line %i in the xml). I HAVE A MAC POWERBOOK G4. PLZ HELP

Posted Sat 03 Oct 09 @ 8:24 pm
Really how do you guys do it ... dig up 2 yr old posts to simply say 'help' and it has nothing to do with the post's topic at all....

Please starting a new thread is less annoying than this ... please start a new thread ...

Topic Locked

Posted Sun 04 Oct 09 @ 9:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)