Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Something weird going on

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Just got back from a wedding tonight, so I figured I'd post this while its still fresh in my mind.

Tonight after about 2 hours of auto mix for dinner my b deck wouldn't stop skipping on every track I loaded. The A deck was fine, as a matter of fact, I loaded the same mp3 to the a deck synced them then faded over to the a deck. Shut down VDJ, played two songs in winamp (because Vdj takes forever to shut down now) Started up vdj, and it was fine the rest of the night.

Normally I would say its some kind of heat issue with the computer, but a quick check of that confirmed this was not the case. Memory usuage was very high, and my cpu was peaking at 100 percent and stuck there. After the re-start everything worked right for the next 4 hours.

I would usually write this off as general computer weirdness, but its happened at the last three gig's I've done. Tonight it was skipping, last week it was just a weird scratchy sound and the week before it was skipping. This is version 2.5

Posted Sun 24 Oct 04 @ 7:05 am
Man i feel for you....i always have a cd player loaded up for this.For down time i use Winamp specially if they are big files
i keep vdj for the dance floor so now i dont rely on it 100%
So when i start using it and play small files pre analysed ...things look much better.
Andre

Posted Sun 24 Oct 04 @ 6:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)