Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: time code cd is makeing a buzzing sound

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i down loaded the both of them and they still have a buzz ,but its only on one side .i went out and got a sound card now i hve two sound cards i put the cd player on the line in port 2 chanels (two sound cards) then from the sounds too mixer i hear the songs but one comes in with a buzz sound .... there was a way you can have two sound cards and vdj3.*.. and the two sounds would work one side each ( A&B)before but its not working in v5

Posted Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 6:06 am
i down loaded the both of them and they still have a buzz ,but its only on one side .i went out and got a sound card now i hve two sound cards i put the cd player on the line in port 2 chanels (two sound cards) then from the sounds too mixer i hear the songs but one comes in with a buzz sound .... there was a way you can have two sound cards and vdj3.*.. and the two sounds would work one side each ( A&B)before but its not working in v5

i posted that last night

do you have two sound cards and do you put them on two sepret input on your mixer if so yeah i have the same issiue .it only sees one mix er at a time now i am waiting for a answer i was trying to use the time code cd to the same thing happend i even bouth a new sound card and tested them on there own and bouth work fine.

Posted Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 4:33 pm
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I "Really" don't know what you mean with "Buzz"...Let me know if i've understood:
You want to connect 2 cd players to your sound cards and use TCCD with them...but in one channel u listen a song and in the other channel u listen the song with a "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"(tcv signal sound) ???
Maybe the reason is that u have to mute the line-in of both ur audiocard from XP- "Playback"-Mixer or u will listen the signal of timecodes...
Let me know.

Little advice: Be sure that ur audio cards support ASIO mode or response time won't be so fast

Posted Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 6:09 pm
I have tried to connect the timecoded vinyl and hear a buzz sound out of both decks. It says that theiir is no timecode signal found. I am using the ASIO Mixvibes U46 MKII. I have a two channel mixer, with amplifier and external speakers. I put the wires for the turntable in inputs 1 and 2 in the soundcard. I put the wires from output 1 and 2 from the soundcard into Phono 1 and Phono 2 on the mixer. The sounds are coming out of the speakers but its only making a humming noise. Deck 2 is slowly spinning around while Deck 1 is still. At one point in time, Deck 2 was playing the song with the turntable but the humming noise came with it.
Under the sound config tab: I have checked the icon for two timecoded vinyl, the icon for 2 channel mixer, for sound driver
I checked ASIO and underneath that: Mixvibes U46MK2 ASIO
Input: Ch 1 & 2 left deck/ Ch 3&4 Right deck
Output: Left deck Ch 1 &2/ Right deck Ch 3 &4
At times, it says there is in error in the ASIO sound card.
My turntables are Technics MK3, my amplifier is a Sherwood and I just bought a brand new Dell computer.

How do I fix this problem? Do I need to install something else in order for it to work correctly? Please HELP me!!!

Posted Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 8:44 pm
You need to switch your tt outputs to phono on your maya, and you run line outputs from the maya to the mixer.

Posted Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 11:37 pm
kalimera..
exo ta Technics SL-DZ1200 kai thelo na pexo timecode .. ti prepi na kano ?????

Posted Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 10:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)