Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Loop whole tune

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have some tracks that are very short but would loop very nicely from start to finish - is there any way I can set VDJ to loop the whole tune when it reaches the end?

Cheers

Bill.

BTW can I set this forum to email me on reply?

Posted Fri 22 Oct 04 @ 1:06 pm
Go to the begining of the song, and right-click on the "loop start" knob in the remix pannel.
Then, move to the end of the song, and right-click on the "loop length" knob.
Some green bars should appear at the begining and end of the song.
Now press play, and your song will loop over itself.

And no, there is no way to have an email on answer, but you will shortly find that these forums are active enough that you will get answers in the next few hours of your post.
And after one or two days, if there is no more answers, your thread will be so deeply buried in the second or third pages of the forum that nobody will read it anyway.

Posted Fri 22 Oct 04 @ 1:29 pm
Thanks. All sounds like a bit of a fiddle - what I could do with is just a button that turns that particular, full tune loop on or off ... guess I could set a few LONG loops and trigger them when I start those tracks, like 256 bars or something.

Would be a nice feature for an update if VDJ could just work out the longest loop divisible by 4 bars and set it for you! something for a 2.06?

Cheers

b

Posted Fri 22 Oct 04 @ 9:31 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
No, it's very much easier than that.

Load your song in a sample slot, and check "loop".
That's all.

Posted Sat 23 Oct 04 @ 12:32 pm
Thanks... bit of a hassle still, would love just a 'loop all' function for a normally played tune.

Cheers

b

Posted Sat 23 Oct 04 @ 9:34 pm
Jomtones.......cool name
just curious why would yo want to play the same song over and over?
Andre

Posted Sun 24 Oct 04 @ 5:58 am
deltaKPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Maybe for the illusion that all the other songs you play are offshoots of the one song?
Of course, you could always just occasionally reload the song and mix into it briefly now and then for that effect.

Every now and then I hear this kinda thing and I always think it's pretty cool. But I'm just speculating anyways lol

δk

Posted Sun 24 Oct 04 @ 11:54 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
isn't there a plugin that will restart the song once it has reached the end already?

Posted Sun 24 Oct 04 @ 1:13 pm
It's cos I've got some tracks that re just breaks + bass, short 2 min loops, it would be great to be able to extend them easily with one click without having to fool around.

Posted Sun 24 Oct 04 @ 1:42 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
Then again, it's exactly what the sample slots are designed for...

Posted Mon 25 Oct 04 @ 1:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)