Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Download Skins

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Had system issues and just re installed VDJ. Then upgraded to V2.05. Went to dnld skins; but they are coming out as html files, and won't install. Can you assist pleas?

Posted Tue 19 Oct 04 @ 8:29 pm
not quite sure what the issue is...
guess you know that skin-files are ZIPPED files, and should be in your skin folder as *.zip files..

So, I guess what you mean is that you can't seem to dl them from the website?
Might be a security level in IE or 3rd party firewall that stops cookies or something, so that when you click the download link, it doesn't work...
Try right-click, and choose "save as..", and see if that works..

If that's your problem...

Posted Wed 20 Oct 04 @ 1:16 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i think the problem is with you trying to "install" them
all you have to so is place the zip file that you downlaod in the vdj folder names skins and then select it though the settings menu on the skins tab

Posted Wed 20 Oct 04 @ 2:17 pm
You need to rename the html file you download to .zip, I have the same thing with everything I try to download from this site, even wallpapers.

Posted Wed 20 Oct 04 @ 4:34 pm
deltaKPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What browser are you using? You might have to right-click 'save target as...' or shift-click or something?

Posted Wed 20 Oct 04 @ 7:11 pm
I have tried to save as Zip. However It only pops up as HTML. I am using Firefox/mozilla. I have tried to place it in the virtual folder. Doesn't work. Also I have skins saved from previous updates. I can't just get them to work either

Posted Wed 20 Oct 04 @ 9:37 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Do you have getright or an equivalent software to download ??

Posted Wed 20 Oct 04 @ 9:42 pm
Do not know what get right is. I can download the skin, but it is HTML and I cannot change it to a zip.

Posted Thu 21 Oct 04 @ 11:38 am
Which version of Firefox do you have? I tried just now with the most recent version (v1.0PR), and it works well (except for the fact that some files do not have the .zip extension).

macourteau

Posted Thu 21 Oct 04 @ 12:00 pm
I just downloaded Firefox on Oct 16, 2004. The version I am showing is 0.10.0.0

Posted Thu 21 Oct 04 @ 5:15 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Just a simple question, what is the size of your HTML downloaded file? I suppose it's different from the size that you should have with .zip, isn't it?

Posted Thu 21 Oct 04 @ 5:42 pm
673 KB.

Posted Thu 21 Oct 04 @ 5:52 pm
Okay now I am getting an error msg. " Invalid Skin error in line 0 in the XTML" Any other suggestions please?

Posted Thu 21 Oct 04 @ 6:47 pm
Try to click on the link, and when it ask "open or save", choose open. Then the dialog should appear again, asking "open or save". This time click save.
This was a trick that worked with Internet Explorer v5.05 which has such a bug.
I'm not sure it would solve firefox's bug, but it's worth a try...

Posted Fri 22 Oct 04 @ 12:28 pm
To Support Staff:
That did not work either. I still get the error msg.
I can't even copy the skin (which saved onto another disk) into the updated VDJ. Please help. Thanks

Posted Fri 22 Oct 04 @ 4:54 pm
Okay; I got it finally. What I did was delete VDJ and reinstalled vesion 2.01. Again I couln not get the skins. So instead of using firefox I switched to Explorer. Went to skins and got them. Must be something in the Firefix browser. Thanks to everyone for suggestions.

Posted Fri 22 Oct 04 @ 5:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)