Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: pitch control

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

allanwHome userMember since 2004
hi everyone just a quick question regarding pitch control using the hercules dj console. Wether i use the pitch sliders or the volume knob for changing the pitch of the song neither control can change it within 0.1 bpm so i cant use either control to change the pitch accurately. Is there a way to change this so the pitch slider is less sensitive or can i map the pitch bend buttons on the console to change the pitch up/down 0.1 at a time. I tried doing this with the console mapper but when u map the keyboard shortcut to it, the console changes the pitch for whichever deck you have selected in vdj and not according to which side of the console buttons you are pressing, please help does anyone have a solution to this??

Posted Tue 19 Oct 04 @ 12:42 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
The console buttons/knobs are fixed, there is no mapper,
like the xp10. I found the volume knobs most accurate
for fine tuning.
If you map keys from dj console using the console mapper
these keys will work together with the original function,
i dont see the point.
What you can do is to map keyboard shortcuts and assign
different keys for each deck, not the active one.
I use F9-F10 for deck1, F11-F12 for deck2.

Posted Tue 19 Oct 04 @ 3:07 am
thanks mate, that has got me all fixed up now:)

Posted Tue 19 Oct 04 @ 6:46 am
so i mapped the keyboard shorcuts like you said and its all fine works great so i thought id mix a cd for the car, second song from the end my anti virus program pops up on teh screen just when im meant to be mixing into the final song and i miss the whole transition and the cd is ruined!! AARRRGGGHHH

Posted Tue 19 Oct 04 @ 7:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)