Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Show album cover as logo - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi,
Now with the wonderful improvements and functionality from version 5, would it be possible to create a plugin/effect, that shows the album cover as a logo.
As filename of cover album is same as song filename it must be possible to link when user select as song.
An option would also be nice that users can define the time the album cover has to be displayed at start of the song.

Thanks

Johan

Posted Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 12:49 pm
That's a cool idea! As long as you can get a file name from vdj, I guess it wouldn't be too difficult.

Posted Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 1:01 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
For that, there is already a query created for the function GetInfo(). It gives a direct to the picture in memory ;-)
So it will be fast to make a plugin

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 12:23 am
Thanks Djcel

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 1:07 pm
I know all of you are busy with probably more important plugins and improvements but any idea if you can make this plugin?

thx

Johans

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 9:06 pm
PapaokePRO InfinityMember since 2005
That plugin would be very nice!!!

Posted Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 9:12 am
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Ok. We wait your plugin djcel

Posted Sat 10 Nov 07 @ 9:29 pm
sischo wrote :
Ok. We wait your plugin djcel

A first version is now available on the website

Posted Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 11:04 pm
I downloaded it but i didn't understand how I can use it

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 7:30 pm
Where can you download it ?

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 10:46 pm
Its under downloads, video effects.

You can simply "Activate" the plugin under effects, video effects, then select showcover and press activate. This will bring the cover for the playing song up on the club TV's. If you have no covers downloaded this pluging will simply show nothing!

The extra controls allow you to move the logo to where you want it, and set the size.

Two thumbs Up DJ Cel, thanks heaps!

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 6:44 am
Ok.
It works!!

Thanks dj cel

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 11:56 pm
Gr8 Plug in just need help with 1 think... i have all my covers i n the id tag is it posable to change the plugin to show that....???

Posted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 4:08 pm
PapaokePRO InfinityMember since 2005
is it planned, that the album cover in the mp3 can be showed with this plug or only a jpg in the folder!?

Posted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 4:35 pm
I think it's just the one in the folder, but DJ Cell will know more, if all else fails give it a try with a file that only has the image in the MP3. I feel it would only be used from the folder as video files would not be able to host the image.

Posted Sat 17 Nov 07 @ 3:44 am
Papaoke wrote :
is it planned, that the album cover in the mp3 can be showed with this plug or only a jpg in the folder!?

Yes it's planned for V2.0 but I first wanted to have a plugin compatible with old versions of VirtualDJ too and not only for v5.x
The current plugin is independent from the version of VirtualDJ you have because it reads the jpeg, linked to the current song, in the folder. I'm going to add new options soon.

Posted Sat 17 Nov 07 @ 11:57 am
One suggestion if I may, to allow the plugin to use a selected image (Ie the dj's logo) when no cover is present, perhaps with a mask opton that just affects the logo. As CD covers may look bad with a colour masked out.

Just an idea. =)

Posted Sat 17 Nov 07 @ 4:38 pm
The Showcover plugin is excellent !!!

Only question: How can I get more covers ?

My config is: Read ID tags, Title Artist, ID3 comment all ENABLED.
Download Exact cover and automatically to database.

Still I have 85 % without a cover.
I have cable connection to the internet and waited for a day but no more covers.

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 4:25 pm
You may need to select say 50 files at a time, the rightclick and click "Download cover"

Failing this, "Exact Match" will only download the cover if the title and artist exactly maches what is found on the net, you may need to do what I do, and download them one by one, by right clicking the fille in VDJ, selecting file info, then clicking "Cover" this will give you various covers that are a close match, and you can then select the best match for you.

I do this in blocks of 30 or so per day, as it isn't a nice job. 30 today, 20 tomorrow ect.

Posted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 9:09 am
halo_djk,

Thanks for the great advice !!!

I think that it must work the way you are telling.

Posted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 9:22 am
71%