Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Database update bug

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

metkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello,
would like to thank the Atomix developpers team for their great software at first before submitting this report.
I enjoyed so much Vdj that i finally bought it once i read in forums that bpm could be almost correctly detected (90% success i would say :) ).

Now here's the problem guys:

if you analyse bpm of some files (i used "any music" setting) , then after analysis if you rename just one single file without having quitted VDJ, you loose all bpm just calculated, like if it was some sort of refresh.. So you have to re-analyse again all filesdamn, just lost 30min of my day waiting, heh :)

Good luck for sorting this out
and merci encore pour ce bon soft :)

But i guess you will say that VDJ updates its database only on quitting so that's why i have lost all calculated bpm in the session?

Posted Wed 13 Oct 04 @ 6:20 pm
DJ RazPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I just spent this last week making sure all my files had the right bpm, all the while renaming files left and right.

Never had a problem

I just tried exactly what you said too, and didn't have a problem :(

Maybe your VDJDatabase file was accidentally set to Read-Only?

Or maybe you have Windows System Restore activated (it's on by default), or Norton Suite and they are messing with your files?

Posted Fri 22 Oct 04 @ 11:54 pm
Dj DaniPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Another bug found in the DB update when u scan a HD or similar while in 'fullscreen' mode.. When it's finished it gets out of focus and back to windows? After you click on it in the task then it goes into fullscreen mode again..

Can be bad if yer playing live and happen to scan :)

Posted Thu 28 Oct 04 @ 3:30 pm
When I tried to change manually the BPM of a song I can't unless the song is in one of the deck. So I do not understand why you offer a dialog box to change manually the BPM if it does not work. In fact the dialog box is different for loaded songs since it has two tabs and a the button to tap on for getting the BPM.

I suggest you either deactivate the BPM change function for un loaded song or you make it available for any song with a unique dialog box.

Thanks

Posted Sat 30 Oct 04 @ 5:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)