Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DN-HC4500 CONTROLLER - Page: 15

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

gulkerPRO InfinityMember since 2006
djreggieward wrote :
manquin_dj

I have to midi mappers for the HC4500 that work flawsley, let me know if you want them.

Hi djreggieward,

I would appreciate it if you could share it with me (and whoever is interested)

Jack (DJ Palamuth)

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 8:14 am
(djreggieward) Hi i would greatly appreciate it as well. do your mappers enable scratch mode?

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 10:50 am
@djreggieward

Can you send it to my mail? or if you prefer you can upload it to external tools, thanks :)

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 11:40 am

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 12:17 pm
i'm not sure I am using this file correctly. All i get is midi control of VDJ from the controller... I am not getting display or lights on the HC4500.... anybody else get this working?

orange

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 10:51 am
Y'know this thing has been avail. for about 5 months now?

We have a Memeber of Denon Dev team who has purchased the software
and
Atomix has given support(of a kind) for it.

I think it might be time for Atomix to put the brakes on the mulitude of controllers it supports.

Some are pretty good, Some were supported because they were the only thing available at the time.

Some are right piles of crap (BCD)

There is such a thing as Too much of a good thing.

I would think that maybe we should make the software work with the current controllers only - hammer the bugs untill they work good enough for military use.

There might be some crying and bitching about the latest controller du jour, in the end - reliablity beats trends

Personally I'm dissappointed the dac2 has issues with rev6.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 11:38 am
elitedjs wrote :
i'm not sure I am using this file correctly. All i get is midi control of VDJ from the controller... I am not getting display or lights on the HC4500.... anybody else get this working?

orange

You won't get lights or display information. That can only happen with Native Support.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 11:56 am
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
Y'know this thing has been avail. for about 5 months now?

We have a Memeber of Denon Dev team who has purchased the software
and
Atomix has given support(of a kind) for it.

I think it might be time for Atomix to put the brakes on the mulitude of controllers it supports.

Some are pretty good, Some were supported because they were the only thing available at the time.

Some are right piles of crap (BCD)

There is such a thing as Too much of a good thing.

I would think that maybe we should make the software work with the current controllers only - hammer the bugs untill they work good enough for military use.

There might be some crying and bitching about the latest controller du jour, in the end - reliablity beats trends

Personally I'm dissappointed the dac2 has issues with rev6.

I don't know if I agree totally with your feelings on this, and I own both the DAC2 and HC4500. And the HC4500 is a far superior controller. One of the things I love about VDJ is it's versatility, specifically when it comes to being able to use different soundcards, and controllers, and I sure I'lm not the only one that feels that way. Granted they can't support everything, and they don't, but keeping up with new hardware trends like they have will only increase there share of the market place.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 12:04 pm
You can't please everyone, all the time. So I say let them bitch and cry, and then get over it. The Denon is a higher end product, but some of this stuff is a waste of time. As we can see, rushing to be first with the Denon, has gotten mixed results. I like Onstar, but it only comes on GM products, so tough shit for me. BMW did not go out of business, because it did not offer Onstar. Sometimes you have to say "This is what I'm offering, you like it, take it". If you dilute a good thing to much, you're left with garbage. Versatility has it's limits.

No matter what the company does, this software is not for everybody, so let's face it. This software is good enough to stand on it's own two feet.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 2:52 pm
I've been testing with rev 6 and native support and didn't get the freezing problem but I didn't use the asion soundcard included but a soundblaster live, the problem could be the asio driver.

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 11:29 am
@Manaquin -

Just tried complete removal of VDJ (including registry bits) and reinstall of 5.0rev6

Using latest hc-4500 firmware (1002).

Switched on Native mode but not using the built in soundcard on the hc4500.

Took a good couple of minutes and heavy use, but still got the freeze problem :(

Didn't change skin from the default or change any settings.

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 2:28 pm
Set latency to lowest and select auto on overlock.

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 11:17 am

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 11:57 am
Reggie-

Any chance your mapper can support the X500/900 XFader controls? That would be sweeeeet :)

Thx-

-=Woody=-

Posted Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 9:33 am
have you guys narrowed it down yet?

Posted Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 12:51 pm
Hey. Since I updated firmware on my HC4500 things have been crashing bad. I uninstalled everything denon and re-initialized the controller. Now I got my ASIO working again, but no midi control. wen I try to activate midi in VDJ it lights red, and midi will not function. The last time i plugged the controller in I got "found new hardare, USB2.0 camera"... nice. Any ideas?

orange

Posted Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 2:21 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
elitedjs wrote :
"found new hardare, USB2.0 camera"

Disable your internal webcam (which uses USB 2.0) in the devices settings of Windows

Posted Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 3:08 pm
Jpboggis is supposedly working on a HC4500 mapper. Maybe he could let everyone if it is working….

OO

Posted Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 3:12 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
Guy, update from our side…we are looking at what VDJ sends into our controller with a USB analyzer to verify where the issue may be, keep you posted. I'm sure the fix is simple on the VDJ side or ours.

Posted Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 7:07 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
djcel wrote :
elitedjs wrote :
"found new hardare, USB2.0 camera"

Disable your internal webcam (which uses USB 2.0) in the devices settings of Windows

Yep, webcam drivers & MIDI devices to work well together.

Posted Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 7:08 pm
96%