Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: changing grid marks to align with beat

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

Just wondering how to change the grid/phase markers if the songs beats arnt aligned correctly, so they will stay like that everytime i open virtual?

Posted Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 2:26 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Go to the BPM settings (top side) and then manual tapping n change the anchor. Yes they will stay if it is properly closed the database (saved)

Posted Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 2:36 pm
thats easier than what i thought, i thought you had to manually change the settings in a file somewhere.

Cheers.

Posted Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 9:08 am
actually you explained it abit to easily. lol

So, open the edit screen for the BPM, then it says

Anchor1
Anchor2

And

Anchor distance

*What i want to be able to do is tap the manual tap and have the grid markers be positioned where i tap,

Should i tap all the way through the song or will it automatically change all beats?

**Also on another quick note sosme of the songs dont display the Bpm in virtuals browser, any1 know of a way to add the beat in, may i have to change the actual file to store the BPM?

Posted Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 9:15 am
oopsy sori.. k here it is.

Still at werks , not infront my set now but i try to remember it:P

what i do is open the settings then at the edit grid..(first pick the song n let it play )manual tapping then listen n set beat anchor distance < > and there u could see when it hits the beats :)).. And when u done this u then can go to the edit bpm where u put the phase n aligned it properly(optional) . The next one is edit automix where u can edit the entry point n entry point for automix function.. hope that helps mates.:))

Posted Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 9:44 am
i couldnt understand much of that,

If you explain how to do it, you may need to explain it step by step in dummies terms because it seems alittle tricky.

I can,

manual tap and get the beats for the distance i tapped to line up correctly but after i finish tapping the phase/beat markers slowly go out.

I need to know how to get the whole song the same as the distance i tapped?

so after tapping for how ever long and im satisfied the beats are where i want them and i stop tapping, what do i do?

Posted Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 2:05 pm
Hi there,, yes it will be automatic..remember to press ok.

I just read ur post again, and it best u do this, if only u want to aligned it (the bpm must be rite)., So u can skip the manual tapping part n move to the edit bpm part. Make sure that the bpm is correct, n just slide/move the phase n u will try to see the boxes (big n small) aligned correctly at the position(the first beat etc). And remember to press ok after done:)) It werks for me.

What i always do if my beat arent constantly or just a bit off when mixing, i will just nudge it n do it by hearing. Can't always trust computer:P

Maybe someone else will explain betta to u (more experience from me in this matter) or have some other idea..

let me koe if this help>>cheers

Posted Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 6:51 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I never took the time to figure out the anchor set/manual tap stuff. It was confusing to me as well. I set up shortcuts on my keyboard to allow you to move the grid live. Then you can align right on the spot. Check out Norways blog for directions.

http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/dj-in-norway/

Posted Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 9:14 pm
How do you set up these short cuts to move the grid?

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 7:39 am

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 8:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)