Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: CD not loading to deck when dragged

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

thedashPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I can't seem to get a CD to play on VDJ running under Windows ME on my working DJ PC.
When you drag a Track the deck selects but nothing loads.
I have changed the CD drive for a newer model, the IDE cable and tried removing VDJ and deleting the program directory, then re-installing up to V2.02. Tonight I've just changed the Mainboard/CPU as well due to an unsucessful BIOS upgrade that screwed the Board !!! Still the same although all hardware as effectively been changed. All Updates/drivers have been done.

The CD play works fine with Media Player and Atomix (although it does sometimes cause a loop/skip on the track playing)

I tried installing VDJ on my Desktop PC running XP and it works OK.

Any Ideas?

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 1:27 am
Did you try WinXP on that PC? (you could install it on another partition just to try)...

macourteau

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 1:34 am
I am going to sound really stupid especially for an experienced user but I NEVER KNEW the CD player worked with VDJ. AWESOME! Did not work with PCDJ and I just guess I went along with the ride

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 2:01 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
VT

not only do cd's play but you get looping and master tempo

here's what you do

load up a cd in the drive (can be mp3 or a regular cd)

then go to my computer in the browser, then look for your cd dive click on it you'll see the tracks come up in the center drag them onto the deck of your choice and enjoy!

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 5:55 am
Check this out:open any music folder in xp and drag and drop any song right on to vdj deck it will load it up.
It work wtih multiple folders also but make sure the load limit is longer than the song or else!!!

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 6:26 am
arjunaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Same problem on my dual boot system, on WinMe; otherwise it works on the 2nd OS, WinXP.

At first I thinked that was a modified CDFS driver to create this problem, but it remains after the reinstalling of the original one.

Ciao!! :)

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 9:29 am
Vantine, i use it all the time!

i have loads of cd's which i haven't converted to mp3 yet.
it even works great when you mix 1 cd after another, because after loading the track form cd into the memory you can already loadup the next track from another cd using only 1 single cd-player.

CoOl ey? ;-)

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 11:43 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can even load the same track twice to create some goood remix effects.

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 4:54 pm
Thanks everyone. :)

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 7:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)