Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: another xp10 question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ivarPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hi everybody

i received my two xp 10 today and they are GREAT
but in the settings where you activate your xp10, i wanted to see what happens if you invert them and that worked fine
but now i want to invert them back and i can't (stupid me, i always like to try things)
is this a bug, or am i doing something wrong because i tried a lot of things but it does not work

thanx

Posted Thu 23 Sep 04 @ 8:24 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Are you talking about the swap option ? Simply uncheck the checkbox.

Posted Thu 23 Sep 04 @ 8:48 pm
sorry, but i don't really understand what you mean with that

Posted Thu 23 Sep 04 @ 8:51 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
welcome to the beautiful world of xp10s!!!

your post doesn't contain enough info to pinpoint your issue, but let see if this helps you out...

there are two things that act on left/right XP10s:

- under Soundcards: the "invert" button switches the XP10's soundcard output, i.e if the sound coming out of the left one gets into your mixers line 2 (right) input, you want to click on invert to straighten things out.

- under Remote Control / XP10, the "Swap" checkbox lets you switch the VDJ decks that the XP10 controllers actually act upon: if you notice that scratching on your left XP10 actually scratches the waveform from VDJ deck on the right, you want to check that checkbox.

By playing around you might have gotten into some weird situation where you left xp10 controls the right vdj deck but outputs the sound of the left vdj deck, and vice-versa :)

Shutdown VDJ, unplug your XP10s. Replug them AND REMEMBER WHICH USB PORT AND IN WHICH SEQUENTIAL ORDER YOU PLUG THEM IN (sorry for screaming, but this is very important as you should always repeat that same sequence from now on). Play with invert and swap until you get it right. close vdj and re-open it. voila :)

Play with your XP10s for a couple of days, identify which actions keep making you touch your keyboard/mouse over and over again, and map tehm to xp10 keys.

don't hesitate to ask if you have other questions...

Nicolas

Posted Thu 23 Sep 04 @ 8:55 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
djbambi

Great reply !

Posted Thu 23 Sep 04 @ 9:04 pm
hi again and thank you for your quick answers

- under Remote Control / XP10, the "Swap" checkbox lets you switch the VDJ decks that the XP10 controllers actually act upon: if you notice that scratching on your left XP10 actually scratches the waveform from VDJ deck on the right, you want to check that checkbox.

i can only do this once and can't move it the other way around even if i quit VDJ and unplug and replug the xp 10's

the swap souncard option works fine

i'm just blocked with my right xp10 on the left side on the VDJ skin or the other way around grrrrr

?????

Posted Thu 23 Sep 04 @ 9:07 pm
how about taking the left xp10 and put it on the right side of your mixer, and vice-versa :)

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Posted Thu 23 Sep 04 @ 9:59 pm
mmmmmmm

i'm sorry for not being very clear but everything you are telling me ,i already did (i am using VDJ for 6 month ,so i know the program pretty well)

(i didnt get the first reply because VDJ is installed in french so they don't use the same words, to explain myself, i'm dutch and living in france but i prefer the anwsers in english, it is easier to me than french)

if i deconnect one of the two xp 10 it is working on the right side on the screen an in my mixer( and of cause you can swith it with the switch button on the xp 10 itself (and that only changes to right and left on the screen like it should do)

i reinstalles my pc and everything worked as it shoud do
i can swap the soundcards whenever i want NO PROBLEM

but when i swap the xp10's (under Remote Control / XP10) it swaps on the screen but I CAN'T CHANGE IT BACK )

i know how i connected my xp 10 on my mixtable so PLEEEEEEEASE

but thanx anyway for your respons, but of cause all that you wrote is how it shoud work (but not for me)

anybody got some different suggestions
thanx

Posted Fri 24 Sep 04 @ 6:32 am
i'll just reinstall everything again, and won't touch it for the moment

but it should work !!!!
and it works for a lot of people so it must be something else
so if somebody finds out what it could be ill be very thankfull for helping me

ivar

Posted Fri 24 Sep 04 @ 10:54 am
sorry me again

i tried some other things this afternoon that i would like to share just to see if this will give you some different ideas

at first i took my left xp10 and moved it to the right in my flightcase and the other way around (and of cause i left the usb cables as they were before, so only the xp10's)

and the funny thing was that they were still playing on the same side on the screen as before i moved them, even though i moved them(like if the xp10 itself memorised where it was playing before , stange)

then i reinstalles my pc and installed VDJ version 2.0
and i could not active my xp10's it just gave me the red point instead of two green ????????

so i reinstalled version 2.02 and as soon as i swapped the xp10
to the other side it was not possible to swap it back again

so please help me

Posted Fri 24 Sep 04 @ 3:20 pm
hi ivar,

I realized that last time I used the swap function was with 2.00 or 2.01, not the latest 2.02

So, with a bit of fear, I tried Remote Control/XP10 "swap" on the 2.02 tonight to see if I could recreate your problem, AND I COULD, sometimes. In fact, this function seems to have an erratic behavior:

1) sometimes, checking the "swap" checkbox and clicking OK would not do anything, no effect at all. I'd come back to the settings window and notice that "swap" was not even checked anymore, just like if I never did anything.

2) sometimes, it'd work just fine. checking the "swap" checkbox and clicking OK would invert which deck the xp10 act upon. I'd come back to the settings window and "swap" was checked, as expected.

Fortunately I found a way to get out of case 1) and hopefully that will work for you too:
if you notice that [checking "swap" then clicking OK] doesn't do a thing, then instead try [checking "swap", hit "play" on one of the XP10 to notice that the deck was indeed switched, and only then press OK to get out of the settings window].

the opposite is true too: if you notice that [checking "swap", hit "play" on one of the XP10, and only then press OK] doesn't do a thing, then instead try [checking "swap" then clicking OK].

Note: I'm running on a Windows 2000 Pro (US), not sure if this happens on XP.

Let me know if you get the same behavior...

Nicolas

Posted Fri 24 Sep 04 @ 10:35 pm
thank you very much djbambi for solving this problem

i am working with windows xp so it will do the same with all windows versions i think
i did what you told me to do and IT WORKED

it seems like that when you check the checkbox for the first time and clic "OK", it doesn't registrate the little "v" even though it swaps the xp 10's

then when you open it again there is no little "v" in the checkbox , so then when you check it again an the little "v" is there nothing happens,
but than if you uncheck it, the little "v" is gone and the xp10 are swapped again and are back in there original position
and then you push "OK" , and perfect

so hopefully this will be repaired in the next version

thanx again djbambi

by the way, i forgot to say
I LOVE VIRTUAL DJ, and with the xp'10's it's even better

ivar

Posted Sat 25 Sep 04 @ 7:33 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm having same problem.... waiting for this to be fixed!
I'll just avoid disconnecting the xp10's from my laptop for now

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 5:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)