Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DATABASE PROBLEMS

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Three things:

1) When I start up VDJ (2.02 registered) and click on the DATABASE and then type to search for a song, it takes a long time for my letters to show up and the search to start. HOWEVER, if I first "sort" the Database, it's much faster. BUT, it takes a long time to sort the database and it must be done each time you startup VDJ. Which is bad if you have problem #2

2) If I switch from DATABASE view/search and go directly to particular folders, load a song or two, switch folders again, load another, and then go back to the database, it only seems to show about half my songs! ie: if I search on a title that I KNOW is there, it won't show up! HOWEVER, if I shut down VDJ and restart it, then go to the database, it's there! Until I drill down into 'real' directories again.

3) Is there anyway to tell VDJ to read ONLY certain directories on the C: drive and not the whole drive? (for database scanning) for example, to ONLY look in the C:\Songs directory (and any under it)?? This would save tons of time from having to 'scan' the entire C: drive and would also eliminate all those annoying listings of other sound files, wav's, etc. that I do NOT want in my VDJ database.

DJAlan
Amazing Sounds

Posted Wed 22 Sep 04 @ 1:50 am
djnan2PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Support focus in this problem cause most of us are having,
I can't understand if I try to "scan hd" give me a corrupted error.....I have the same status of the previus messege.

Posted Wed 22 Sep 04 @ 11:55 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I guess I really have to do some testing, 'cause I never suffered from your 2) problem... But I agree that limited scanning is needed, database would be much faster & clearer!

Posted Wed 22 Sep 04 @ 5:37 pm
djnan2PRO InfinityMember since 2004
OK..I AM GOING TO BE MORE DIRECT TO MY PROBLEM WHEN I AM SCANNIG MY HD EVERYTHING START OK BUT WHEN GETS TO CERTAIN FILE STOPS AND GIVE ME AN ERROR THAT FILE IS ONE DEFAULT SONG "DMESS FRANKLIN DI FELICE FEAT.STYLE MC - LOVE ALL THE HURT AWAY (REMIX 2004)"
I AM NOT SURE BUT I THINK IT IS...BUT ANYWAYS I DELETED
FROM FOLDER AND RECYCLED BIN....AND AND STILL SHOWING

NOTE:WHEN I USE "RECURSE" FOR MY MUSIC FOLDER WORKS FINE BUT THE SONG DON'T SHOW THERE.

I HOPE SOMEBODY KNOWS.

Posted Fri 24 Sep 04 @ 4:14 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
For the "recurse problem" may be try to delete "mp3database.txt" in the VDJ root folder. Then scan again without extended analyzis.

Clax

Posted Fri 24 Sep 04 @ 9:16 pm
do as Clax said...

DELETE the file mp3database.txt, start VDJ, and scan hd (quick scan).

That should fix the issue ;)

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 2:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)