Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: WANTED ! ruff'n'easy visual skin ! no confusing graphics !

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

fohfohHome userMember since 2004
hi,

i just tested the software.
the effects und loop possibilities are cool, but all the skins and database UI is very confusing.
much too much little knobs and confusing stylish graphics.

if i imagine to use it at a club night, ... one beer would be enough to go completely confused !

i would like to check the software with a skin with bigger buttons and clear colours !! also more modular and customer configuration of the skin would be great !

the data base is a mess. much too little fonds !
... no possibility to hide unwanted folders ... ??

i would like to see the temorary playlist above the database and below the control-section. (as in BPM Studio, digiscratch and Traktor)

i don't need the wheels (turntabels). they use much to much space !

if a skin-developer could look at the silver-skin of BPM-Studio, THAT's the way a clear and easy to handle mixing-station should look !
... just implent the special features of virtual DJ to this look in a modular style !!!

if there's any skin developer who wanted to create a skin like that, i would appreciate testing and helping it !

regards,
foh

ps: the DJ-console skin is closest to be a good skin.
the colours are clear, but there are much too much mini-knobs and double posted funtions and some missing main funtions, (like to skip to beginning and/or cue point ... just to mention a few unsatisfactions).

with a good skin this software could become a proffessional use !

Posted Tue 21 Sep 04 @ 1:19 pm
a basic skin, with less features is for sure welcome... :)
i can see some of your logic...

if someone will make it, it would be great... :)

try the windows skin... its very clean and "basic"... less buttons/knobs, and clear visuals...

but, you are not a full users, so can't really see HOW you tried all the skins, as they are only available for full users ;)
If u ever decide to by the program, I'll make that basic skin you want, if no-one else does. As I can see the use for it, and it would also be very fast and easy to make...

hopefully we'll see you as a full user ;)

Posted Tue 21 Sep 04 @ 2:37 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I believe that Skins are available for trial version users.

Posted Tue 21 Sep 04 @ 4:35 pm
Yes the skins are available for everyone (and not only full version users).

Posted Tue 21 Sep 04 @ 5:01 pm
hi mr. DJ.

thanx for your offer to create that skain, but finally i wouldn't buy the cat in the sack, as we germans say !

i'm not sure about what features depending on the skin, and what features depending on the softare itself.

i will stay with my vinyl until i find a well working mp3 alternative. ... and i'm testing o'lot !!!
maybe, when BPM 5.0 comes including the wav-view, that will be my decision ?! ... maybe i'll find another fit software befor, ... maybe virtual DJ ?! ... let's see ...

... and until i don't find a good working skin, i will not test this software in the club ! for sure !

the digital blue skin is also not bad, but again it needs too much monitor space for the wheels (better use it for the playlist), it's too dark, and i find see the "adjust" button.
but some good features are there, like wav zoom in/out (but you have to do mouse-clicking like you want to win the olympic-virtual-games to enlarge/minimize it).

a modular adjustible UI would be great ! so i would reduce the cues from 4 to 2, the effects from 3 to 2, delete the wheels (to get more space for the playlists), make a clear colour structure, set the wave-forms parrallel (not onto each other), hide the fader when i'm working with an analog mixer ... an so on !

also there are some problems, i think not relating on the skin :
e.g. the tag ID is not reading the information as usual (e.g. the genre is not displayed correctly), the playlist tabs can't be configured by the customer ... etc. ...

e.g. ableton-live is a good example how a night-club UI should look like ! ... there are much mor funtions as in virtual-dj, but it's more easy to handle, because of the good modular strukture of the UI and the colours !

... i'm really wondering why all the VDJ skins look like they want to sell the software to a 10years old "i want to be a DJ" child !? ... that's not professional ! ... but the programm itself seems to be very good !

ok, that's only my opinion. but i'm quite sure about it, because i'm living from and with my DJ and PC related music production job since 20 years !

regards,
foh

Posted Tue 21 Sep 04 @ 5:39 pm
fohfoh: concerning the tag IDs, I guess you are referring to ID3 tags. VirtualDJ does not read the ID3tag's by default, but there is a parser available in the effect plugins section (available to full version users) that makes VirtualDJ able to read these tags... :)

macourteau

Posted Tue 21 Sep 04 @ 5:58 pm
... would like to see how it works/looks !

but anyway, the first big problem is the skin. before that one doesn't fit, it doesn't make sense for me to go into father details like tag IDs, ... how to load moved mp3's into old playlists (set new path) ... a.s.o, anyway !

Posted Wed 22 Sep 04 @ 12:05 am
how to use automix fader to virtual dj 7.2? please guide me how to use..thanks !

Posted Tue 08 Mar 11 @ 7:34 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
PLEASE - PLEASE !!!

Tell me how you found this thread??? It is 7 years old.

And, how does it even remotely relate to your question???

I just want to know how people are finding DEAD ASS threads and asking questions that have nothing to do with the thread!!!

So please share with me your secret on how you found this thread.

Oh and start a new thread in the proper forum and link back to this one when you give your answer.

Topic Locked!

Posted Tue 08 Mar 11 @ 7:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)