Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Effects question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

In the "mixer" section,I see 2 fx for the left deck and 2 for the right deck,is there a way that I can use all "4" effects for ANY deck like the way I can use all 4 "samples" no matter which deck is playing?

Posted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 12:50 am
You are supposed to see 3 effects for each deck. You can only assign 3 effects per deck at a time (this means you can't assign effects from the other deck to the current deck). But still 3 effects per channel is enough, as more would result in a slowdown of the computer (since effects require computing power).

macourteau

Posted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 1:13 am
Yes,there are 3 effects per deck when I click on the "FX" button under the crossfader but what I was referring to was when you click the "Remix" button in the Mixer panel,you will see 2 fx assigned to deck A and 2 to deck B,looking at the bottom section again I guess I could load my 3 fav effects on "both" channels that way,whichever song I play whether on deck A or B,I can hear the same 3 fx.
Thing is I will be be using the mixer to trigger the effects and now I am down to only 2 effects for each channel,so what I am asking is if there is a way to either add more buttons for fx purposes to have more than 2 fx per channel or is there a way to have those 4 fx buttons in the mixer work "globally" so I can have 4 separate fx at my disposal to work with either deck?

Posted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 1:27 am
This all depends on the skin you are using. Most skins offer all three buttons for each deck. These effects can be assigned to keyboard shortcuts anyway.

However, it is impossible to have more than 3 effects for each deck (the buttons on the skin control the effects that you see when you press the "FX" button under the crossfader).

macourteau

Posted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 1:30 am
Thats great news,thanks,I will definitely change the skin so I should get 3 fx on each side and also yes,I will want shortcuts for each effects,good lookin' out!

Posted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 1:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)