Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Text2D now available - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
After a long period of debug versions, it seems to be stable now. Report here all you think strange. New features will come later.

Posted Sat 21 Apr 07 @ 2:50 pm
Fantastic! I've been waiting forsomething like this for a while now.

Love all the different options.

Hope VDJ pays you well to do all these plugins!

Posted Sat 21 Apr 07 @ 7:02 pm
Had a play around with it today (The text plugin!) and its absolutly awesome!

So far these are the features I found..

Saving saves all slots, options and colours, just like a photocopy!
10 Text slots, Each with the following features;
Option for showing Title an artist.
Option for showing time.
Full Colour RGB options.
254 Char text space.
Smooth Scrolling option
Loop Scroll option.
Loop Speed controllable
"Flash" option, plus delay, Flashes to the beat of the music!

VERY Well done Mr CEL!

Posted Sun 22 Apr 07 @ 4:14 pm
Just to sum up the same information. It's easier for me:
halo_djk wrote :

Hiya Cel. Great job on the new "Title Manager" Plugin, and all the other plugins (I use most of them!) you've written! Thought you may be intrested in my findings, some of which may be "User fault". I have also added a request list of stuff that if easly programmed, you may like to add at a later date. Bugs; Font and X Y positions move depending on size of window, or TV out resolution. If toy changew window size while using Hardware acc when VDJ resets the video stream, the text, and font sizes have all moved, some have even moved off the screen if X and Y were large figures. Flashing Scroller causes text to reverse slighly on every flash (Not a real big issue) FONT and LOAD buttons do not work when video hardware ACC is NOT enabled, Or if Video is not enabled, SAVE Strangly does work all the time. Suggestion Box! For Scroller, A "delay" slider, connected to LOOP, adjusting seconds between the loop starting, so the loop only runs every 60 seconds or so (adjustable) instead of repeating so closely. For those of us like me that forget to turn theur ads off, a "Loop Times" could be helpful on the scroller options. When Scroller enabled, "Y" slider currently does nothing, perhaps this could be used as a cutoff point, IE set at 50% would cause the text to scroll to the middle of the screen, then dissapear. (Not a bigie really, just an idea) This would be ideal for those that place a "Now playing" in text slot 1 at the left of the screen, and then a scrolling "Title & artist" in slot 2, scrolling only to the point where the end of the "Now playing title is. The advantage of this is that large title or artists don't need to be set so small, to fit on the screen, they just scroll across like in VDJ. A scrolling Title and artist all alone sort of looks a little strange all by it's self. The alternative to the above, is allowing people to still use the text box when TITLE or CLOCK are used, then the text is shown first, then the ticked option, IE "Now Playing; " in the text box plus TITLE ticked = "Now Playing; Eiffel 65 - Move Your Body". Pressing "APPLY" Could automaticaly enable "ACTIVATE" at the same time. Kym

Posted Sun 22 Apr 07 @ 5:00 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djcel

big thankyou for this new bit of kit to play with, looks excellent up on the screens been wanting something like this for years, other dj software have'nt got a look in on this, very big well done...Tayla

Posted Sun 22 Apr 07 @ 5:00 pm
EXCELLENT PLUGIN...

Do you have to restart VDJ each time you want to create a new text file and save it?

Is there a way to create and save new text files using another program?

Can we reverse the text direction?

Can we scroll vertical?

Can we add simple images between the text? kinda like those LED scrolling signs...

It's a really cool plugin even the way it is at the Beta stage. GREAT JOB!

Regards,
Funkmasterfrank
Montreal

Posted Sun 22 Apr 07 @ 9:24 pm
One more thing...

Is there a way to show the clock in 12 hour mode instead of 24? Great feature for North American DJs

Regards,
Funkmasterfrank
Montreal

Posted Sun 22 Apr 07 @ 9:30 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
dude ur a genious this rocks my socks all stable here :)

Posted Sun 22 Apr 07 @ 11:11 pm
As it seems My PM lost all its line breaks, I'll re post it here in a readable format! I have also fixed a few typos, and added a few ideas.

Hiya Cel. Great job on the new "Title Manager" Plugin, and all the other plugins (I use most of them!) you've written! Thought you may be intrested in my findings, some of which may be "User fault". I have also added a request list of stuff that if easly programmed, you may like to add at a later date.

Bugs;
Font and X Y positions move depending on size of window, or TV out resolution. If you change window size while using Hardware acc when VDJ resets the video stream, the text, and font sizes have all moved, some have even moved off the screen if X and Y were large figures. Perhaps the code used in your "Showlogo" plugin may be of help here as its positions don't appear to move when the window is resized.

Flashing Scroller causes text to reverse slighly on every flash (Not a real big issue)

FONT and LOAD buttons do not work when video hardware ACC is NOT enabled, Or if Video is not enabled, SAVE Strangly does work all the time.

Suggestion Box!
For Scroller, A "delay" slider, connected to LOOP, adjusting seconds between the loop restarting, so the loop only runs every 60 seconds or so (adjustable) instead of repeating so closely.

For those of us like me that forget to turn theur ads off, a "Loop Times" could be helpful on the scroller options.

When Scroller enabled, "Y" slider currently does nothing, perhaps this could be used as a cutoff point, IE set at 50% would cause the text to scroll to the middle of the screen, then dissapear. (Not a bigie really, just an idea)
This would be ideal for those that place a "Now playing" in text slot 1 at the left of the screen, and then a scrolling "Title & artist" in slot 2, scrolling only to the point where the end of the "Now playing title is. The advantage of this is that large title or artists don't need to be set so small, to fit on the screen, they just scroll across like in VDJ. A scrolling Title and artist all alone sort of looks a little strange all by it's self.

The alternative to the above, is allowing people to still use the text box when TITLE or CLOCK are used, then the text is shown first, then the ticked option. IE "Now Playing; " in the text box plus TITLE ticked = "Now Playing; Eiffel 65 - Move Your Body". (Don't know if it's worth adding a Before or after option to allow the text to show up before, or after the clock or title info)

Pressing "APPLY" could automaticaly enable "ACTIVATE" at the same time.

I second the above idea of either a 24 or 12 hour clock.

Near the SAVE and LOAD buttons, a CLEAR button to clear all slots, and allow you to create a new profile to be saved without the need to restart Virtual DJ.

Posted Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 1:12 pm
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
big ups due to cell... very well done plugin as always my man!

i would too like to see the 12 hour clock.... as well as a color selector for those of us not too well versed with the three sliders and their combinations..

thanks!

Posted Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 12:54 am
I'm enclined to agree, perhaps a couple (like maybe 6) small colour preset buttons next to the sliders, that move the sliders to preset colours for you, then you have the option of modifying the colour further after selecting the preset and making it more green or red ect.

On aonther note, ran the plugin all last night at a special event (Yes I have strong faith in CEL's plugins) and had absolutly no problems at all, even with massive text scrolling across the screen everything ran smoothly. This was with the "Banknote" font, this is one with holes in it, and at the massive size i was running it (Was a web address I wanted EVERYONE to see!!) you could see the music video through the fine detail in the font!

Perhaps it would be better called "Text Manager" or "Title Manager" (As the TV stations call it). Heck in the future you could even have the count down timer in it too, for NYE ect!

Awesome Jobe CEL, you've made a buch of people happy, with just one plugin that features all the stuff people have been asking for!

Posted Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 12:26 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have to try this! Thanks Cel for another useful plugin! I have to get back programmin' on them...

Posted Thu 26 Apr 07 @ 10:51 pm
Cel, you are the man! This is the plug-in I've been waiting for!!! Been using it now for a couple of hours and I love it. Keep the improvements coming!

Posted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 5:20 am
Text 2D v1.1 (Public Beta 2) is now available on the VDJ website.

I'm sorry but your previous saved files won't work because i had to modify and add new fields

Posted Sun 29 Apr 07 @ 8:45 am
funkmasterfrank wrote :
Can we reverse the text direction?

Can we scroll vertical?

halo_djk wrote :

For Scroller, A "delay" slider, connected to LOOP, adjusting seconds between the loop restarting, so the loop only runs every 60 seconds or so (adjustable) instead of repeating so closely.

For those of us like me that forget to turn theur ads off, a "Loop Times" could be helpful on the scroller options.

Ok i will try to make that

Posted Sun 29 Apr 07 @ 8:51 am
Cel GREAT work!!!

Posted Sat 12 May 07 @ 9:11 pm
PuttePRO InfinityMember since 2004
What im i doing wrong ?, when i trying to actitave text2D plugin - a messagebox say "direct3d is not initialized" , got the latest directx from April 07

Posted Tue 15 May 07 @ 12:17 pm
Putte wrote :
What im i doing wrong ?, when i trying to actitave text2D plugin - a messagebox say "direct3d is not initialized" , got the latest directx from April 07

In fact, it means that you first have to activate the plugin once in order to load the Direct3D interface.

Posted Tue 15 May 07 @ 1:05 pm
This was answered further up the post =-)

The video needs to be active (Load a video or activate video in settings under "Video"), then activate the plugin in VDJ with the big button.

Posted Tue 15 May 07 @ 1:05 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm finding that sometimes the plug in cancels out a video i'm playing, and if i manage to get the video playing again, the text dissappears and vice verca. Sometimes it works fine, other times the text stops the video playing and i kist get a black screen with the text.

Gary

Posted Thu 17 May 07 @ 4:03 pm
44%