Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Headphone Problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've have recently purchase the Dj Console and am trying to work out how to get the headphones feature with Virtual DJ working properly.

Any suggestions, or is this a software problem. At the moment I'm using the demo software of Virtual DJ I got with the Hercules Console.

I would also be interested to hear what are the benfits of upgrading to version2 of Virtual DJ, expeciallly in terms of the functionality of my DJ Console.

Thanks for all your help

Posted Thu 09 Sep 04 @ 11:16 pm
Concerning the headphones: the version of VirtualDJ packed with the DJConsole is not a demo version, but a version specifically tailored for the DJConsole. It doesn't have any time limit on it. It does not require any configuration either for the headphones to work, except that the Hercules Mixer settings should be set to advanced. To do this, double-click the green alien head icon at the bottom right of your screen, and then switch the mixer from "standard" to "advanced". The headphone feature should work perfectly then :)

macourteau

Posted Thu 09 Sep 04 @ 11:46 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Regarding "benefits of upgrading to virtual dj 2",

here is the url to the comparison chart of the different software versions:

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

here is the list of what the proffesional version offers over the console version:

Virtual scratch (think this is being able to scatch at console)
Can plug headphones (at mixer or other sound device)
Can play through a mixtable (other than hercules)
Can input external sound source (tv,dvd, hi-fi etc)
Vinyl control with external turntable (timecoded vinyl)
DAC2 or DMC1 controller support (alternative controller)
MIDI keyboard support
Free plugins download (skins, effects, etc)

If you are serious about mixing music and enjoy the virtual dj expirience then I strongly reccomend you to upgrade.

I'd then recommend you to get an external mixer and mix with that and use the hercules just as a contoller, as the hercules doesn't offer a proffesional/reliable mixing expirence. it's also nice to have both working together, you'll see ;).

Also you should dl the many skins on offer from this site, as well as the effects, there are many users on this site..., and many that use a different skin. maybe you will prefer a different looking skin, some of the effects are also very nice that can add more spice to your mixes.

You also get increased free updates, which are reasonably frequent offering more features/enhanced features, that the console version may not offer.

and my personal opinion that many share.., is that you'll get the full version of the best, most feature packed music mixing software on the market. :)

Hope this helps, Bagpuss ;).

Posted Fri 10 Sep 04 @ 12:39 am
I have advanced settings already running with the console, the headphones still appear to not be working correctly, any other suggestion?

Posted Fri 10 Sep 04 @ 10:17 am
davetutt..

1. make sure that in the hercules settings the volume of the headphones is adeqoute. make sure it's not muted.

2. also make sure the hercules is set as your primary sound card in sound card settings.

3. in virtual dj be sure the headphone volume is also adeqoute.

4. in virtual dj soundcard settings, select "4.1 to speaker and headphone outs" (picture). make sure hercules is set here and that the 7.1 box is ticked.

now go down the list and select the hercules picture.

all should be fine :).

If this still doesn't work i suggest you: take off the bigger jack from your headphones (assuming your plugging into the front)

now plug the phones into the "analouge audio out 3-4", next to where you may have your output to speakers.

see if you can get sound.

If not select "advanced confiq" in virtual dj settings, bring up the box and select each audio signal to the appropiate output, on headphones select "center" and "bass", this is left and right.

Regards, if your still having problems my msn adress is in my profile. (if you use it)

Posted Fri 10 Sep 04 @ 12:00 pm
Bagpuss: there are no sound configuration options in the 1.09 DJConsole edition... ;)

macourteau

Posted Fri 10 Sep 04 @ 12:06 pm
oops, how could i know that?, hehe :)

but maybe you can still salvage some information from that :).

Surely the hercules version has some way of setting up the soundcards?...

Posted Fri 10 Sep 04 @ 12:28 pm
mrdirkHome userMember since 2004
Hello,

i got the console with the normal version.
Now i get the version 2.00! if i start this version, i can´t
work with my headphone. Only if i start the normal (that i received with the console) version, i can work with my headphone. What´s the reason of it and what can i do.
Please help me.

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 6:21 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
mrdirk:

First, enter your serial numer in your profile. (and then we will be ok to help you)

Second, ugrade to version 2.02

Posted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 7:11 am
Ive got the full version of Virtual DJ and I cant seem to find out how to get my headphones working correctly.

I can only hear what is being played out of the same deck I am using. I would like to be able to listen to the deck that is not currently playing for obvious reasons.

Can you tell me how this is done.

I have the latest download.

Thanks in advance.

Posted Thu 23 Sep 04 @ 12:35 pm
find a advanced skin (like Pioneer 700 skin, Mixstation skins etc) that have a HEADPHONE MIX slider..... Or, make a keyboard shortcut for that function :)

that will let you hear BOTH decks in headset, and not only the active deck.... :)

default is that the deck you are using, is what you hear in your headset (active deck), regardless if thats the deck that is playing out loud on speakers or not.

If you are using an external mixer, a "cue" button will let you listen to the deck... and you can choose which deck you want to listen to. If you have Hercules, such a button is also there.... :)

If you are ONLY using Hercules, go to soundcard settings in VDJ, and brownse all the way down for the Hercules image, and choose that. That will let you use the headset output at the console correctly. Also, make sure that hercules is set to "advanced/dj" (right click the alien head in system tray)

hope that helps :)

Posted Thu 23 Sep 04 @ 1:29 pm
Thanks alot. I will try that out when I get home.

Posted Thu 23 Sep 04 @ 3:25 pm
My version of VTDJ came with the Hercules Console. After I installed it I went to the web site and dowloaded the new drivers (3.HDJ.2004). I saved the download to my computer and then I unziped it. I was able to use the program with no problems, but as soon as I close the program I can't open it. When I double click on it it looks like is going to open but instead it drops down to the task bar like it's open. But nothing happens, the program won't open. Also as soon as I remove the usb plug from the computer, it crashes. Why is it doing this? How can I open the VTDJ program? Do I need to download anything else? Please help.

Posted Sun 07 Nov 04 @ 7:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)