Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mixing Video

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

alicooHome userMember since 2004
has anyone used their dj console to mix video? i would love to hear more about it... i read somewehre that u can use the console for video mixes but i dont know how..
anyone?

thanx!

Posted Wed 08 Sep 04 @ 6:29 pm
Well the DJConsole supports MIDI, so any video mixing software that supports MIDI can be used with the DJConsole... ;)

macourteau

Posted Wed 08 Sep 04 @ 7:07 pm
and when u say supports midi, do u mean that all the midi wires have to be connected to the computer?
I know i must sound stupid but im not too familiar with midi.. ive never used it and well just read about it on the net when i got the console

Posted Fri 10 Sep 04 @ 6:19 pm
In the Hercules Mixer, choose "DJConsole Buttons" as the MIDI Source, and then you can use it as any MIDI controller (it's already connected to the computer, via USB, and the MIDI drivers are already installed).

When you choose that option, the DJConsole buttons, sliders, knobs, etc. emit MIDI codes to your computer, allowing you to configure any software that supports MIDI to use these buttons :)

In VirtualDJ, this is as simple as assigning a keyboard shortcut... but instead of pressing a key on your keyboard, you press the button on the DJConsole.

Hope this helps,

macourteau

Posted Fri 10 Sep 04 @ 8:58 pm
oh thats great...
ill try it out the second im finished with exams

Posted Mon 13 Sep 04 @ 3:00 pm
Does a program exist for mixing the video with the djhercules?'

Posted Mon 13 Sep 04 @ 7:53 pm
there is a program called neuromixer.. but it doesnt work very well for me... it needs a very high speed pc to work without any stutters

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 9:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)