Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Advanced Configuration - distortion in third sound card

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I'm using notebook centr.1.3ghtz 512 ram. with two USB external soundcards and one integrated sound card. Also connected to external mixer. When I select two soundcards and a mixer, it works well. When I go to advance configuration, and I select manually the two soundcard for each decks it works. However, when I try to map the third soundcard the internal one, i get distortion in the output. I`ve tried to decrease the volume but I still get that bad sound. By the way the third sound card is mapped for samples that is plugged to the ext. mixer.

Can anyone help me?

thanks

Posted Mon 06 Sep 04 @ 11:26 pm
What is the manufacturer of the laptop? This is probably due to the fact that the internal soundcard's quality is not the same as the external sound cards' quality.

Try mapping one of the two decks to that internal card, and the samples to an external card, and see if there is distortion on the deck mapped to the internal soundcard. If the distortion is now on the internal soundcard, this is due to the soundcard and not the VirtualDJ configuration.

macourteau

Posted Tue 07 Sep 04 @ 2:45 am
SPARKYPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I had the same problem when using shoutcast. What was happening was the sound was mapping through my soundcard, through the internet, and back through the soundcard again causing massive distortion. It sounds as if the same thing is happening here. Your computer is processing the sounds twice in each soundcard rather than being mapped separately. This causes the sounds to 'double up' and induces distortion of the highest level.

I do not know of a fix but I hope that is a pointer for people to solve your problem.

Thanks

Posted Tue 07 Sep 04 @ 10:14 pm
I've configured the internal sound card to Deck B and external sound card to Deck A. Sound is good on the Deck A but I still get distortion on Deck B. However, it seems the distortion goes on and off interminently.

This is just my home setup, I just wanted to test it with three sound cards, but it seems that my internal sound card doesn`t like it.

I've tried with two different external sound cards, one USB Mp3 and the other one Audigy 2 NX (rear and front) and I don't get the distortion.

Posted Sun 19 Sep 04 @ 7:17 pm
Then that means the problem has to be with the internal sound card. Usually, internal sound cards are made to "work", but they are not made to give a quality sound. I would recommend having 3 external sound cards (if you want to use 3 sound cards of course), and to never use the internal sound card... But as you say, this is your home setup, so this is probably not as important as if it was your "live" setup :)

macourteau

Posted Sun 19 Sep 04 @ 7:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)