Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Tried the timecode last night live

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Many of you know I've had problems with the time coded vinyl ever since I got it. Can't get 100 percent no matter what I do and I've tried everything. Including 2 differnt turntables, and two differnt vinyls.

The biggest problem I'm having with it is for some reason it just decides to stop working usually after 3 or 4 songs. I have no idea why but I can duplicate this on a regular basis.

So I decided to try it out live at a gig sure enough 3 songs later no vinyl control. Live at a gig there is no way to restart vdj, so it just sat there the rest of the night doing nothing.

I really need some help on this one

Posted Sat 04 Sep 04 @ 4:50 am
I keep Red up loaded in the background as a backup (The original Red written by Jorgen -- Not FX or the new Red VRM)

WirelessDJ

Posted Wed 08 Sep 04 @ 12:33 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i had some problems getting the signal to be accepted by vdj properly and it came down to having to re-install the audio drivers... it worked fine after this

Posted Wed 08 Sep 04 @ 2:29 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I dunno I'm at my wit's end with this. I wanted it to be more of a novality for my college gigs. Its turning out to be more of a pain in the ass then ever.

Here's a list of what I've tried so far..

1. Tried another 1200MK3 from a friend of mine with a sm144 needle

Still 0% and drops after 3 songs

2. Tried a differnt sound card went from a waveterminal 192 to a mya 144

Still 0% and dropped after 5 songs

3. Tried a rolls phono preamp

Still 0% and dropped after 8 songs

4. Re-installed windows and vdj 2.02

Still 0% dropped after 4 songs

5. Changed to 45 rpm

Still 0% dropped after 3 songs

6. Tried 3 differnt needles all brand new

Still 0% dropped after 4 songs average

7. Adjusted counter weight to dangerous pressure

still 0% and dropped after 5 songs

All in all I've spent just about 3 times the cost of virtual dj to get this to work with no luck at all. If anyone has any insight or tricks that I don't know about please let me know. There is no way for the software to pick the timecode back up after it drops. You have to restart it everytime. It woudln't be so bad if there was a way to reset the time code with vdj still running. I can't re-start it because I'm in front of 300 people not in my bedroom.

Posted Wed 08 Sep 04 @ 3:26 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hm... maybe you should try doing 1 thing I did - with no turntables. Get yourself a timecode.mp3 from this website, and open 2 instances of VDJ. Enable timecode controll on first instance and select one soundcard (I presume you do have 2 of them?), and put a timecode.mp3 on the second instance and use a second soundcard for audio output. Than select on first instance to read the first soundcard signal to controll the second instance of VDJ (where you load a song). So you'll have a virtual deck to controll a virtual deck :) Then play with all the options again, ajdusting also the volume of timecode.mp3 on the first instance. This definately has to work, because the signal is read directly from the source (no cables, TT's, preamps...). Be sure that your getting the signal from the first soundcard (no mute or sth.)! Hope it works, and if it does, the problem is external. If it doesn't, than I really have NO IDEA what might be the problem.

Posted Wed 08 Sep 04 @ 9:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)