Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crash again at work

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello help!!!
att programmers:Once again vdj crashed on me again at the
club.after about 3hrs of fine work this software collapsed.
i put two songs in my playlist clik n automix thats all i did
and it just started looping.....
Another night last week again a crash on Friday after i
loaded a long remix.
If you scratch too much on deck 1 it crashes
If you adjust the eq too much it crashes
I love this software it has made my life easier but now im
losing confidence
Im a professional dj i can keep making up excuses for vdj
doesnt look good on giant screen that smiley face
i trust enough people have expessed their concern please
take care of your own!!
Hardware is fine
Think pad 1.4ghz
640mg ram
40gig hard drive
Ozone midi workstation

Regards
Andre

Posted Fri 03 Sep 04 @ 7:09 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Sat 04 Sep 04 @ 2:28 am
Hy! I'm from Hungary.
I don't speak english very good.
The program run with effects page, i start an effect and then a popup window show: Crash. The program close then. Why?
My computer's features is to low or why? And what's crash problem. Thx!

Posted Thu 09 Sep 04 @ 8:54 am
Thanks DJzero i will try

At this point i will try anything stil got a crash thursday and
saturday aaaarrrrrggh.im starting to use vdj as a video game
i cant rely on this program seems like im babysitting all the time.Dont get me wrong i think vdj is possibly the best mixing
software there is...pcdj, traktor....are nowhere like vdj.Its new i know, i have been using it only since July.
Anyway i will be patient and try and help with my experiences
with vdj since i am spinning 5 nights a week.I think vdj 3.04
be the one

Regards

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 1:15 pm
I dont have any problems with crashing...
never... It so safe at my pc, that I dont even worry anymore ;)

So, it seem to be a hardware problem (that vdj dont like).
There can be many... irq conflicts, memory problem,bad drivers etc etc

try to find the problem, run diagnostic progs to see if u can find any...

any install of program have the potential to make problems, because they might replace important drivers, cause conficts etc.

SO - THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION THAT ANY WORKING DJ SHOULD THINK ABOUT (and that I have...) IS A CLEAN PC FOR DJ-ING! ;)

a format of hard-drive, reinstall of windows, and run only VDJ and have hd only for mp3 collection will make VDJ run for ever, no crash ;) trust me... thats what I do, and I dont have any problems.. and its the safe way to go for any working dj...

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 2:58 pm
i guess its the only solution

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 7:07 am
Is it normal that we should have a computer just for vdj, a big demand for such a little guy isnt it?Jim
Andre

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 7:29 am

well, would not say if its normal or not...

just that PC is a strange little ting, that get messed up from installs and uninstalls... when u get the pc everything works like a charm, but as we all know, after a while, windows lags, the pc crashes, programs hangs etc etc etc

thats why I have a almost clean pc for VDJ... almost, gotta admitt I installed a few other apps as well ;) But I try to not mess it up to much... because PC's get weird after a while, if u do install all kinda software, as many are also badly coded, install bad drivers, run alot of background apps etc etc

so its ONLY a recommandation... ;) If u use it for gigs, and earn money as a dj, and want to stay 100% safe, keep the pc clean... I have tried it, and have it pretty clean - AND NEVER HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH VDJ (or Windows for that sake..)

;)

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 1:33 pm
theres no need for a dedicated PC just dual boot windows, and set one asside just for VDJ

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 2:08 pm
true :) that is a good solution as well....

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 2:11 pm
What do you mean dual boot windows?

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 10:40 pm
create another partioion on one of your harddrives and install another copy of windows on that partition (ie clean install) windows will also install alittle app that runs just after your boot screen which will allow you to select which copy of windows you wish to run. (i find that it is also a good idea to create another partition which is approximatly 2gb in space and set up a static pagefile for it, if you want to know how to do this just ask)

just use one version of windows for your everyday stuff and then have the other dedicated for VDJ... meaning no virus scans no nothing except maby SP1 dont know about SP2 havn't tried it on my dedicated setup (i hear that it hogs alittle more system rescorses)

Posted Wed 29 Sep 04 @ 4:31 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Stay away from SP2 my computer performance when down about 25% after I installed it. I promplty re-installed windows with sp1 everything is great now.

Posted Wed 29 Sep 04 @ 8:27 pm
Seems to be a lot more stable with partition and also keeping my temp below 60 seems to help a lot too.......2.03 hmmmm
semms like good timing for me{;^)No crashing since Monday...
Sp2 got it 2 months ago didnt change a thing on vdj's my crashing has been since 2.02.
If you wanna do something about that Sp2 just go to www.blackviper.com and run all your services in safe mode this will remove any Sp2 glitches.
Make sure you read the tutorial before getting into services and what they do in your computer...

Regards

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 9:13 am
60deg is a very hot CPU... cant get mine over 42 no matter how hard i try... are u using an AMD or P4, i'm running a P4 2.8 and 60deg does seem alittle hot to me

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 1:30 pm
Still using P3 Think pad 1.4ghz 640ram 40gig ...are you sure your laptop cant get over 42 thats pretty cool

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 3:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)