Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: USB harddisc

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

robraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I am using a mobile harddisc to store my mp3s. When I connect it to another computer where Virtual DJ is installed, I lose all the additional settings (bpm, cue points etc).
Many thanks in advance for any hint!

Posted Thu 02 Sep 04 @ 7:24 pm
Those informations are stored in VirtualDJ's database, so you have to copy the file "VirtualDJ Database.xml" to the other computer too (VirtualDJ's directory) to have these informations ;)

macourteau

Posted Thu 02 Sep 04 @ 8:02 pm
Many thanks!
Is there a way to define the usb-harddrive as the standard folder for the database file, or do I have to copy it everytime I switch the computer.

Posted Thu 02 Sep 04 @ 9:57 pm
You could install VirtualDJ on that external drive, and then install it at the same location on that external drive on each computer you use... and then from each computer you can use VirtualDJ with your database :)

All you have to do to use VirtualDJ with this method is to connect your external drive, and then you can launch it ;)

macourteau

Posted Thu 02 Sep 04 @ 10:14 pm
Did it, works great - many thanks!

Posted Fri 03 Sep 04 @ 7:49 am
How can I update VDJ on my usb-harddisc.
When I try, it only updates VDJ on my local harddisc.

Many thanks in advance for any hint!

Posted Sun 05 Sep 04 @ 9:49 am
You could update it on your local disk, and then copy the files to the installation folder on the external disc... it should work.

You could also try uninstalling your local copy, and then reinstalling your external drive's version. Then, you reinstall it there and update it.

macourteau

Posted Sun 05 Sep 04 @ 11:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)