Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Favourite Effects

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
What is your favourite company/product for effects? and what effects do you use in VDJ?

Personally I really like the Pioneer effects, such as those on the DJM400, The quality and creative potential is really top. I consider VDJs effects overall to be quite average, although some are very good, controlling them makes life difficult, whilst activating/deactivating is easy on a controller, changing the parameters is a bit more awkward.

I think VDJs effects can be used to enhance a performance, but for a full range of effects and complete control, you'll need an effects unit or effects onboard your mixer.

What are your effect preferences?

Posted Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 11:47 pm
Pioneer ;) DJM400/500/600 is great, 909 is AWESOME

Numark DXM06 also has some very good effects...

Posted Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 11:58 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The filters on allen & heath XONE mixers can't be beat.... ;-)
Currently using vdj v3.4 as I still prefer having my 3 effects slots!

Posted Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 12:56 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
I just got mine New Pioneer Djm 800 and I think thats the Ultimate Mixer that you could buy for the money..(right now)

Posted Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 1:17 pm
I agree with freppa the DJM 800 is the bomb.
DJ Angel S

Posted Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 5:37 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I haven't tried the other Pioneer mixers but I have the 909 and they are unbelievable. I've had it for a year and half and still haven't mastered all of them. Being able to adjust depth, time, beat...the possibilities are endless.

Posted Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 5:40 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The great thing about the EFX is that you can activate two effects at the same time, not sure this is possible on the Pio mixers.

Posted Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 7:37 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Good point about EFX. On the 909 you can only do one effect at a time. You can substantially alter that one effect while it is playing to have it sound like more then one but it is still just one.

Posted Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 3:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)