Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: how to install

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

how do you apply the skin

Posted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 10:24 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Download from the skins page. It will appear as a small wrapped package
put in Skins folder in VDJ Pgm File.
Dbl click on package icon. and it is done
Open VDJ and go to config and click on the skin you want.
I believe you must be a registered user to download new skins.

Posted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 11:50 pm
I am a licensed user and when I try to Install a new skin it says "Virtual DJ Software Not Found, Please Check on VirtualDJ.com for more informations"??/
What Gives?

Posted Tue 06 Mar 07 @ 11:32 am
Which skin are you trying to download?

Some of the older skins look for VDJ3.4 and the installer fails when it can't find it!

Mykel

Posted Tue 06 Mar 07 @ 11:49 am
It is an older Skin and I contacted Support and they wrote back

"You don't need the 3.4 version installed to use a skin. All you need is Virtual DJ (any version) installed in this path:
C:/Program Files/VirtualDJ
The automatic skin installer use this path to install the skin. If this path don't exist, you will have this message."

My software is in the right place.

Posted Tue 06 Mar 07 @ 7:40 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Which skin are you trying to install?

Posted Thu 08 Mar 07 @ 12:14 am

Posted Thu 08 Mar 07 @ 4:18 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Allthough these skins are made for previous versions, i checked them and they work just fine with 4.2. I can't tell what are you doing wrong, but doublecheck your steps, you miss something.
Reinstall the software (backup your files first), it will only take a minute.

Posted Thu 08 Mar 07 @ 10:26 pm
Thanks but I took Mykel's idea and found a version of 3.4 installed it and moved the skins directory to the V4.2 and it workd

Posted Fri 09 Mar 07 @ 5:01 pm
The plug-in installers (skins, dsp's, etc) all look for an entry in your windows registry to determine where the skin is installed.

I have had a problem with 4.x where the registry was not correctly updated, this I believe was due to anti-virus, anti-spyware or other protections active on my system.

After uninstalling and rebooting, I closed as many background services as possible, disabled anti-virus and spyware tools. I then re-installed Virtual. This time the registry information was correctly written, and virtual worked. (Reboot after first run of virtual to reset all stopped / disabled services from windows)

PLEASE NOTE: Atomix Productions recommend that this procedure is used to install Virtual DJ.

Hope this clears up a few problems

Mykel

Posted Fri 09 Mar 07 @ 5:38 pm
granjilHome userMember since 2009
klk mi gente mandame eseprograma para ser un party

Posted Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 12:21 pm
Does anybody know how to install the Grafx on your Virtual Dj?..

Posted Thu 05 Aug 10 @ 5:24 pm
If you bought a product that comes with Virtual DJ version or any version Please register it so you can benefit from all the extras and support. your profile says "NO Licence User", so you need to register it.

Posted Thu 05 Aug 10 @ 7:19 pm
i want a skin

Posted Fri 02 Mar 12 @ 9:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)