Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Newbie

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just got Virtual DJ 4.2r1. I was am planing on setting it up to use at a small club that we are trying to open.

I have installed the software however I can not figure out how to take my cd collection and install them to work with Virtual DJ.

Im sure its easy, however I just can't figure it out. Can anybody explain it like I'm a three year old?

Thanks,

Tony

Posted Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 8:51 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You need to rip your cd's into VDJ using a program such as audiograbber.
Also suggest you register VDJ. unless you only have the trial version.
If you only have trial versionyou really should consider purchasing the
pro version as you will be able to dnld all the different skins, effects etc

Posted Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 9:03 pm
Windows Media Player also works with Virtual DJ - save your tracks as artist-title, then it will display artist and title. You'll also need to analyse them for length and BPM - takes forever, though. Right-click on the folder and select Analyse - a girl called Anna will then lie to you (joke!).

Posted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 11:29 am
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If you have 2 CD drives, you can load the tracks directly onto VDJ without ripping them, in order to play them. When i say 2, I mean as in using a track off the other CD if you need, like 2 CDJs, so you can mix the tracks.

Obviously the tracks dont stay on your computer once you take the CD out, but maybe you dont want to go through the hard process of ripping them.

The only downfall to this is that it takes a lot longer to analyze the track, but you can start playing the track even though it has not finished analyzing. The up side to this is that your CPU is hardly used so you dont have to worry about the track skipping or anything while its analyzing.

*edit: why does VDJ not apply the proper BPM to the track once it has been analyzed? One for the team...

Posted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 3:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)