Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: VirtualDj Database Updater

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys.
Im having a little trouble with the updater. I have tried both ways, just hitting the update button upon starting the program, and also specifying the txt file where the new bpms are stored. But the program seems to just hang on Loading mp3database.txt, and thn it just tays there :o. Any help would be apreciated guys
Thnx

Dj Razz

Posted Tue 24 Aug 04 @ 1:17 am
Did you read the FAQ for the database updater? If you still have problems, I'll be glad to help you, but please try what's written in the FAQ first :)

Thanks, macourteau

Posted Tue 24 Aug 04 @ 1:21 am
Hey, Yes i did read the faq bro. But no matter which of the two options i chose. I still get the same thing. By the way how long does it usually take once it is working, To update the database

Posted Tue 24 Aug 04 @ 1:37 am
The time depends on the amount of songs in your library... If the updater 'freezes' on the mp3database.txt screen, it's probably that you did not already do a haddrive scan in VirtualDJ...

Also, did you do a full scan ("extended analysis") of each file in VirtualDJ?

Also (and this is VERY important), you have to quit VirtualDJ normally (ie. no crash) because if VirtualDJ crashes, no changes in the database (or mp3database.txt) are saved.

Hope this helps, macourteau

Posted Tue 24 Aug 04 @ 1:45 am
Jeezz, i feel retarded
What i forgot to do was a hd scan, i thought you meant just analizing all my files :p, Anyways macourteau Great Great Proggy, Im so happy My Bpms are now acurate. Well Time To Do SOme Serious Mixes. Ty

Dj Razz

Posted Tue 24 Aug 04 @ 9:21 am
Happy mixing then ;)

Posted Tue 24 Aug 04 @ 11:04 am
yo macourteau

would it matter if i did my database by parts ???
just divide it up so it wont take long ??? would it make a diffrence????

thanx dj smokey

Posted Tue 24 Aug 04 @ 11:00 pm
Yes you can do it in parts. The program will only update the entries that it finds, and it will not alter other entries :)

macourteau

Posted Wed 25 Aug 04 @ 12:18 am
Hello. I was interested in this VIRTUALDJ DATABASE UPDATER, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Is it still around or has it been replaced by another application or plugin?

Posted Thu 03 Jan 13 @ 1:19 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It won't work with current versions of Virtual DJ.

Posted Thu 03 Jan 13 @ 4:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)