Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Recording a video set

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was able to used the record feature in virtual dj to record a audio mix without no problems. However, I would like to know the steps that are needed for recordinga a video mix using virtual dj.
DJ Angel S

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 2:50 am
you will need this: www.fraps.com it works great for what u want to do

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 2:53 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
and a legal copy of pro for nice clean video :)

hope to see you with us soon :)

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 2:53 am
skyfxl wrote :
and a legal copy of pro for nice clean video :)

hope to see you with us soon :)

exactly

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 2:56 am
so to use the frapps software do you have to have the video playing on an external screen, then capture it, or can you set it to record just what's in the video window?

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 10:40 am
Skyfxl
I understand you will like for me to come on board as a pro user. I am still using the demo and have 1 more day left. Base of the feedback from the forum users I have mix feelings about coming aboard. I think there are many bugs that need to be corrected before virtual can be consider a stable software.
In regards to recording using Fraps can I record straight from Virtual or does it need to be capture with a video card.
PS. You mentioned that one of the requirements is that you need a pro copy. I never consider using a no legal copy. So please don't put me in that catergory as an illegal user. Like I said all my questions have been coming while I have been using the demo. After tommorrow I will either pass up on virtual or go ahead and purchase it because my demo would have run out by then. I just wish I had more to time to work with. The demo states it 20 days but I only got about 14 days out of it.
DJ Angel S

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 5:19 pm
fraps will record what is on your screen you just need to choose monitor 2 to record ,

it needs so fancy software all you need to do do is press F8 to record and it will render your mix to a mpg file :)

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 6:30 pm
DJ ANGEL S wrote :
I think there are many bugs that need to be corrected before virtual can be consider a stable software.

What bugs are you referring to? Have you ever thought that maybe the bugs you have are related to your hardware? Like I mentioned to you the other day... I run the same virtual DJ and on my equipment I have no issues.

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 8:57 pm
same

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 9:25 pm
Guys
The bugs I am refering to are not bugs that I ran into myself. but base on feedback from the forum users on my other posts. Depending on the topic you keep getting mix opions. it hard to tell which way to go.
DJ Angel S

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 10:01 pm
DJ ANGEL S wrote :
Guys
The bugs I am refering to are not bugs that I ran into myself. but base on feedback from the forum users on my other posts. Depending on the topic you keep getting mix opions. it hard to tell which way to go.
DJ Angel S

I actually work full-time in the computer industry, so I can look at these posts from a more technical aspect.

In my experience... its VERY easy to f**k up your computer. One wrong move (like a bad software or driver install) and you can have issues with anything.

With that said... I would be hesitant to go by what other people are saying when it comes to bugs because frankly your experience will never be exactly the same as their's since you have different equipment.

And even if lets say you bought the same exact laptop that I have.... its still possible that your experience may be different than mine since you may have different software loaded on your laptop compared to what I run.

I would go by what you are running. I have a feeling VDJ is the type of program that will work either PERFECTLY... or simply not at all. If you are having a good experience with it, I can't see why that wouldn't continue to happen (as long as you don't f'up your PC in the process with unwanted software).

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 10:58 pm
i tried to use that frap program but it will not let me use my u46dj as the sound card. can some one help me out.

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 11:14 pm
im not sure it can support an asio card :( i will look for one that does

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 11:31 pm
skyfxl wrote :
im not sure it can support an asio card :( i will look for one that does

Does this mean this program will not work with an MK2?

Posted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 11:36 pm
if you run the mk2 in normal wmd mode should be fine

Posted Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 12:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)