Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: timecoded vinyl videos - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Mac_IncHome userMember since 2004
I'm looking for any videos of Virtual DJ with timecoded vinyls in action! Any links??

Posted Sun 22 Aug 04 @ 5:37 pm
I did have one but deleted it, and now my digital cam isnt working :(

Posted Sun 22 Aug 04 @ 6:03 pm
It would be great if someone did like a tutorial for the timecoded vinyls just to see how they work!

Posted Sun 22 Aug 04 @ 10:28 pm
I would give it a go but i now have no way of recording it!

Posted Sun 22 Aug 04 @ 11:57 pm
i would give it a go, but dont have timecode vinyls or xp10s........ hmmm

:)

Posted Mon 23 Aug 04 @ 12:50 am
arjunaPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Mon 23 Aug 04 @ 1:47 am
i was wondering.. the video shows fast accurate response and seems to work pretty good.

But...

As far as i know, vinyl records won't last for ever.
When you do a set of 4 hours. you'll be spinning the same set of timecoded records for 4 hours! i was just wondering how long it would last before the timecoded signals on the records are worn and cause wrong signals to VDJ.

Posted Mon 23 Aug 04 @ 3:17 pm
Thank you for your replies!

I've allready seen the kaseem movie and i wanted to see how the VDJ timecoded vinyls perform!
If anyone has a link please post it!!

Posted Mon 23 Aug 04 @ 4:03 pm
maybe the timecode owners could make one or a few?

there are already a few that have it...
WALKERS? fix that cam... lol

also, i can make a timecode CD video, if anyone would like to see

Posted Mon 23 Aug 04 @ 4:47 pm
my camera has had it, its dead

Posted Mon 23 Aug 04 @ 6:30 pm
And the developers of the timecoded vinyl could make a tutorial video of the product!

Posted Mon 23 Aug 04 @ 6:43 pm
i don't have any movie of it, but it's exactly the same feeling than a regular vinyl installation. No difference at all.

Posted Thu 26 Aug 04 @ 8:56 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Maybe... I can get some vids up at the end of the weekend. But I do not have a camcorder I have a digital cam with video and sound abilities so... It will not be the best quality.

Posted Thu 26 Aug 04 @ 10:24 pm
DJ-In - Norway, I would like to see the time coded CD in action. I downloaded the mp3 file, burned it on to a CD, and ran through the setup features in VDJ, and I could not get the volume to cover 75%. I have Maya USB 44 sound card, and Pioneer CDJ 800, which I plugged directly in to the sound card.

Reggie

Posted Fri 27 Aug 04 @ 12:56 am
u dont need 100'% .. just a good steady level :)

Posted Fri 27 Aug 04 @ 2:47 am
I could not get any level. When you burned the mp3 file did you have to normalize it?

Posted Fri 27 Aug 04 @ 5:03 am
DJ Homeboy it would be great if you could do a video on how it works! Nevermind the quality of the camera!

Posted Fri 27 Aug 04 @ 9:58 am
Ok, I followed all the intructions listed here http://virtualdj.com/products/timecode/, and I was fianlly able to get a signal but never at 100%. At first I plugged my CDJ 800 directly in to my Maya USB sound card, with no luck, so I tried running it thru a pre amp, and I got a signal and it does control playback of deck 1 in VDJ. The problem is the timecoded signal is so loud that it over powers the music that is playing in deck 1. Here is my setup: 2 Pioneer CDJ800's, Pioneer 3000 mixer, Maya44 USB sound card. VDJ 2.01. Any suggestions?

Posted Fri 27 Aug 04 @ 3:44 pm
First of all, I dont think you should use a physical pre-amp...
after all, timecode turntables have a lot lower signal than cd-decks ;)

second, I dont think you need full 100%.. (?) as long as there is a STEADY signal..

There is a few things you might want to try:
- In soundcard RECORD setup, make sure it "listens" to the LINE-IN, and set level for the record there...
- In VDJ, there is a gain level.. move that to see how it affects signal..
- even try invert stereo, invert phase and 45rpm..

It should work, try different settings...
I have only tried once, and it worked fine (pioneer cdj1000)..

Maybe other users have additional tips/comments?

Posted Fri 27 Aug 04 @ 3:50 pm
First of all, I dont think you should use a physical pre-amp...
after all, timecode turntables have a lot lower signal than cd-decks ;)

second, I dont think you need full 100%.. (?) as long as there is a STEADY signal..

There is a few things you might want to try:
- In soundcard RECORD setup, make sure it "listens" to the LINE-IN, and set level for the record there...
- In VDJ, there is a gain level.. move that to see how it affects signal..
- even try invert stereo, invert phase and 45rpm..

It should work, try different settings...
I have only tried once, and it worked fine (pioneer cdj1000)..

DJ-in-Norway, those were my same thoughts, the output signal from my CDJ800 should be powerful enough, but it was not, and I did adjust the gain setting, and checked and unchecked invert stereo & phase. I know that the Maya USB 44 is considered a professional sound card, so I don't think it's that. I'm just curious, what type of soundcard are you using.

Posted Fri 27 Aug 04 @ 4:18 pm
57%