Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Soundcards are confusing me :(

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

weskyHome userMember since 2006
Guys,

Soundcards - a confusing and head doer of a subject.

Can someone tell me what Soundcards are available for what i need.

Basically my setup will be is as follows.

Laptop with VDJ
some sort of MIDI controller connected via USB (the controller side of it is easily worked out)
Soundcard.
Headphones
Mixer.

So here is the deal.

The sound card must be able to have one line going to the house mix (what the dance floor feels and hears) and the other line on the sound card needs to go to a set of headphones for the headphone mix.

Output 1 on the soundcard needs to go to the mixer. The mixer than patchers in to the house PA.
Output 2 on the soundcards is for my head phones.

Just so no-1 is confused, the mixer will not control VDJ, it is there so 2 DJ's can hook up and the crossfader on the mixer is to crossfade between myself and the other DJ.

If anyone can provide a list of sound cards that will provide an output for the house mix and one for the headphonex mix/cue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Steve.

Posted Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 6:47 am
weskyHome userMember since 2006
Correct me if i am wrong, but the Numark DXM01USB will do exactly this minus the need for me to get a soundcard right?

So this mixer will ne the soundcard and mixer in one.

If i wanted to hook an old school turnable DJ's mixer in to one of the RCA inputs, and if we wanted to only hear him, i just move the crossfader to his channel? and vice versa for me or if we wanted to hear both of our mixes on the house mix we would just centre the cross fader?

Posted Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 6:57 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you could try the dj console mk2 if you are looking for an all in one solution

with an external mixer you are mixing the dual outputs of the soundcard

ie channel one is left , two is right , so in essence the software is acting like two cd players :)

Posted Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 1:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)