Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How good is Hercules

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi
how dependable is the console in a live situation
I live in Australia and am moving to the UK in a few months so i have to leave all my vinyl behind.
I am thinking of buying a hercules and recording in all my vinyl but i just wanted to know if it is good enough

Wayne

Posted Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 5:42 am
hi

I got Hercules myself, and it sure is good for a start all-in-one package, value for money.. If you are looking for a more professional solution, xp10's and external mixer is more like it.

For full good and long Hercules review look here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=6257

;)

Posted Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 10:16 am
I disagree... the HDJ aint stable enough for live performances.
Sure, the first weeks its a fun toy and its a helpful tool to start mixing, but you will soon get annoyed by buttons that react badly or too sensitive (pressing play does play+pause,like stuttering). Pitch control fader dont stay stable but vibrate 0,1% pich. When using effects or other funtions too fast (play/cue etc) it dont react to all the controls so sometimes an effect stays on or it does play,pause, set cue instead of play,goto cue.

Posted Fri 20 Aug 04 @ 1:01 pm
I am totaly new to DJing, and got myself a DJ Console, and now I'm hooked to my new hobby. I have to admid though that I'm looking into buying more 'pro' hardware after only two months.

But untill that time, I still love to use the console, because it's much more fun to use vdj with it then without it!

Posted Fri 20 Aug 04 @ 1:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)