Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: karaoke on tv

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Should the karaoke plugin automaticaly send a signal to my graphics card, so I can see the lyrics on tv?

Because it doesn't do that :)

I've got a Geforce FX5200 with tv out.

Posted Tue 17 Aug 04 @ 5:24 pm
u have to activate the tv out in your graphic card first..

then right-click in "karaoke window" inside vdj, and select "tv-out" ;)

i had some fun with friends at home... really cool ;) hehe

Posted Tue 17 Aug 04 @ 6:32 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
norway is correct u have to activate it each time u turn on vdj ...also make sure that u have the second display turned on through windows .... if not, it wont work. Nvidia gave me a headache so i choose Ati 9200 with video out rather than svideo out.

Good luck it's been working great with my karaoke files
after i got all my xp updates

Posted Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 9:41 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
With an Nvidia Geforce 2 GTS it doesn't work (no clone mode)!

Posted Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 9:45 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's a shame for me

Posted Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 9:45 pm
I've got a little bit further with my geforce card. It shows it full screen on my computerscreen over vdj. So I'm not there yet, but trying...

Posted Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 10:24 pm
lodewijk.. i dont have geforce, but what it seems to me is that u have made a "duplicate" tv-output of the pc screen, in other words, what u see on the tv screen, is the same as u see on the pc screen....

this is not what u need..
What u need to do is find the geforce setup for DUAL SCREEN output (and not duplicate screen), and activate tv-out for 2nd screen.. this will NOT show your current pc screeen on tv, but what a program directs to be shown at the 2nd screen (through tv-out). Setup for PC to have 2 DIFFERENT SCREENS!! ;)

When u have managed this, u need to RIGHT CLICK the karaoke window INSIDE vdj, and select the right (activated) 2nd screen in your system (tv-out)

hope that helps.. sorry, dont have geforce, so cant be more spesific

Posted Thu 19 Aug 04 @ 12:47 am
Let me try to help on how to set up two screens in XP.

FIRST MAKE CERTAIN YOU ARE HOOKED UP TO A TX THROUGH YOUR TV OUT. YOU MAY NEED A CONVERTER WHICH YOU CAN GET AT A RADIO SHACK IF YOU HAVE S VIDEO WHICH MANY HAVE.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=15-1238

1. Click display in control pannel, you will see two screens.
2. Click the second screen
3. Make sure you uncheck the extend my desktop checkbox.
(Your screen will blink)
4. Click on display again. Go into second TV.
5. Go into advanced options.
6. Find the TV in one of the tabs. Click on it.
7. Your screen will flash and show only on the television. Look on your tv and click ok.
8. You computer screen is now black. TV is lit.
9. Now click the second monitor again and click extend my desktop. Your screens will blink and you should be fine.

This is the way it is done on about ten laptops I have seen with a video out built in. You may have an easier way. If you do please let me know. I have to do this every time to get mine to work and the settings will not save.

What this procedure does is extends my desktop to the right, up, down or to the left. Where ever you set it up. ou can then go off the screen with your curser. Also good to show movies on by dragging the screen.

Hope this helps some....

Posted Thu 19 Aug 04 @ 11:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)