Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: External mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

How would i go about using an external mixer with this, so i can route the output of each table through the mixer and into a PA?

Would this work with the timecoded vynils as well? Like would I need 3 cards? 1 for each turntable, and one to use as a clean output to the mixer with a split in it for each channel kinda thing?

Posted Tue 17 Aug 04 @ 9:30 am
Or will i be able to use 1 soundcrad and it wont interrupt the output kinda thing?

Posted Tue 17 Aug 04 @ 9:31 am
I mean 2 soundcards and use the output on them to go to to the mixer?

Posted Tue 17 Aug 04 @ 9:32 am
You need the FULL version of VDJ to make this work :)

The full version supports 2 soundcards or a dual soundcard (or surround card) that will let you have one stereo output for each deck, and can connect each to a channel in an external mixer

For timecoded vinyl/cd's you need 2 x line-in. So either a soundcard that has 2 line-ins, or 2 soundcard that has 1 line-in. If you are to use 2 turntables, or 2 cd players.

You use the same soundcard for output, as you use for timecode input. So the grand total is either 2 soundcards, or one dual soundcard (that has 2 line-ins, if using timecode).

And this feature is only available in full version of VDJ

hope that helps ;)

Posted Tue 17 Aug 04 @ 12:47 pm
Thanks for the fast response! It did help!

Posted Tue 17 Aug 04 @ 2:27 pm
no problem ;) hope you like the program, and buy the full version after having tried the demo :)

Posted Tue 17 Aug 04 @ 6:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)