Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DAC3 with VDJ Problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi , i have been using VDJ for a while , and very pleased with it, when i try to use the Dac 3 controller it doesn't work. I have checked the box in the remote control section and it lights up green, the Dac lights up and mimics all the buttons on the programe ie. when the players are started the play button on the controller light up as well etc. but have no function, any help appreciated.

Posted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 9:43 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
heya , try their latest driver i know its natively supported in windows as a usb input device

but it seems to work better

Posted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 9:51 pm
Hi , isn't the Dac3 plug and play so no drivers are needed i thought .

Posted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 9:55 pm

Posted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 10:13 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 1:43 am
its to make the dac send midi signals so the mapper can recive that info

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 2:25 pm
The mapper does not require the PCDJ MIDI driver to work.

The DAC-3 is a USB Human Interface Device (HID) and requires no drivers. VirtualDJ has built-in native support for the DAC-3. The PCDJ MIDI driver is only required if you wish to use the DAC-3 with other MIDI compatible software that does not have native support for the DAC-3. Native support is required for the LED's and LCD displays to work, along with increased pitch slider precision.

If the displays are working, but the DAC-3 will not respond to button presses, try the following:

• Try a different USB cable.
  • Try connecting it to a different USB port.
  • Try connecting it to a powered USB hub, if you have one (This shouldn't normally be required.)
  • Check the USB port on the DAC-3 for any damage.
  • If you have only just purchased the DAC-3 (I.e: Brand new out of the box), you may have a faulty unit.

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 4:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)