Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Connecting laptop with 1 soundcard to a mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,
I know it is possible to connect a computer with one soundcard to a mixer and have it work, I can get this method to work in other mp3 dj programs (will not mention the names).

What is required is:

1 soundcard...
A stereo adaptor that can split the left and right channels of the soundcard...
Another adaptor for each left and right channel, to connect a phono lead into each (so left channel becomes the left deck in stereo) and right channel becomes right deck in stereo.

Then connect each deck (left and right) to 2 seperate channels on the mixer, lets say 1 and 2.

{Don't need any comments about how this method won't work, as I have it working in other programs successfully thanks.}

But with Virtual DJ I use this method and I have a problem...

I choose in the options to use one soundcard with a mixer...

If I leave it at simple options, the sound for the left deck will come out both channel 1 and 2 of the mixer.

Likewise, if I start playing the right deck, the sound for that deck will come out both channels 1 and 2.

So it is not splitting it successfully for some reason.

So go to advanced options...

For left deck, I set it that the sound comes out both left, and for right deck, sound comes out on the right.

Still the same problem.

There must be someway to get this method working with one soundcard?

Maybe Atomix you need to include an even simpler method that just says (Deck A Left) - Left Channel, and Deck B Right - Right Channel?

Can someone please help ?

Posted Sun 15 Aug 04 @ 12:25 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
you must own the full version of VDJ to be able to use this feature

Posted Sun 15 Aug 04 @ 12:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)