Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Do I Need Virtual DJ software

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Guys I want to buy the Hercules console but the link from Guitar center description say this.

It plugs into your PC's USB port for instant pro-DJ control! The Hercules DJ Control MP3 Portable USB DJ Mixer comes with VirtualDJ 3 software to control mixing on your computer. DJ Control MP3 is powered via your PC computer or laptop's USB port so you can mix your music anywhere. DJ Control MP3 can also be used to control other mixing software via MIDI commands sent to the computer.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_hercules_dj_control_mp3_portable_usb_dj_mixer?full_sku=801330

It says that comes with VirtualDJ 3 software to control mixing so do I still have to buy Virtual DJ or is already in the Hercules package?
please advise do I have to buy both hardware and software?

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 9:53 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you get console edtion same as home edition with more features which you can upgrade to pro at a discount

check the
comparison

to see what is in console edition

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 10:08 pm
But my question is do I have to buy the Hercules console plus the virtual DJ software?

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 10:16 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you want the VirtualDJ Pro 4.2 release then Yes you must buy the software.
If you buy the Herc controller it comes with a version that is free on the CD in the box.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 12:04 am
Thanks cstoll.

So this mean that I just buy the Herc and don't need anything else right?

but tell me what is the different berwwen VirtualDJ Pro 4.2 and the free version that comes with the Hercules console?

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 12:15 am
The version that comes with the console is 3.4 and also the Home Edition which means it is limited in its functionality. It is just a freebie thrown in there by Hercules, however after you buy the MK2, register the serial number that came with it here on the forums and you can get a discount if you purchase 4.2.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 12:21 am
As brian stated.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 12:35 am
Thank you to all of you guys your inputs are very helpfull just one more question.
So if I get the Hercules console and the free software that comes with it I don't need anything else right? I just want to use it for my room and do some mix nothing big.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 12:43 am
Yes, if you are looking to just get the feel of and experience the simple mixing process. You will be fine. Also, may want to make sure you visit the Hercules site, I know that the controllers have needed upgrades. But yeah the basic - VirtualDJ Console/Home Edition is great.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 1:38 am
GUYS THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP, AND I HOPE THAT OVER THE TIME AND SOME PRACTICE I BECOME PROFETIONAL AND I CAN GET THE FULL VERSION TO BE A MASTER, THANK YOU ONE MORE TIME, AND HAVE A GREAT AND WONDERFUL YEAR.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 2:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)