Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Play WMA songs Part II

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i download now the windows media player 9, but the virtual dj always will not play my wma songs :-((

Posted Thu 12 Aug 04 @ 3:20 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
virtual dj will not play any wma's which are protected using DRM (digital Rights Managment) even if you own the licence. i'm sure in a future release it will be supported. for the moment search the forums for DRM to find some ways of getting around the problem

Posted Thu 12 Aug 04 @ 3:25 pm
hey thanks guys, i just realised youve upgraded me to Member Status. thanks heaps

Posted Thu 12 Aug 04 @ 5:16 pm
congrats Zero ;)

Posted Thu 12 Aug 04 @ 5:22 pm
Congratulations djzero :)

Posted Thu 12 Aug 04 @ 5:22 pm
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
you probably know this, but in case not, for the wmas with digital rights you'll have to burn each to cd, then rip to mp3 to work in vdj. hopefully vdj will be able to work with digital rights in the future.

Posted Thu 12 Aug 04 @ 7:15 pm
gstaHome userMember since 2004
get ur self an audio converter

Posted Mon 16 Aug 04 @ 12:48 am
gsta, there are many programs to convert wav & wmas to mp3 but I didn't know of any that would convert wmas with digital rights management straight to mp3. Which programs do this?

Posted Mon 16 Aug 04 @ 10:41 am
there is a program out there that will remove version 2 of DRM on WMA's, although it is completly illegal so i wont mention it here, only problem is that alot of WMAs going around still use to 1.0 standard.
there are some other programs which will do a direct stream rip but you also lose alot of quality from the re encoding

Posted Mon 16 Aug 04 @ 11:10 am
got it, thanks for clarifying djzero.

Posted Mon 16 Aug 04 @ 6:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)