Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: GameXP

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I read somwhere on this forum (don't know where), that one could use gameXP to optimize their PC for use with VDJ.

Is it safe to use? Any experience? Let me know ;)

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 1:51 am

its NOT SAFE TO USE...

And I strongly recommend NOT USING SUCH REGISTRY TOOLS!

It can make your Windows totally fail, if you're not carefull...

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 1:53 am
Thanks for your tip. So if I use it, I make sure to have everything backed up. But I guess I won't use it. I'm just looking for a method to deacitvate things like automated backup, automated virusscan,...

Nothing as frustrating as when I am recording a mix and my PC runs out of memory because of a sceduled task I forgot to disable...

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 2:00 am

If you are an experienced PC user, you can use GameXP.
It swaps your registry for a smaller registry, for a choosen start with fewer processes..

But be carefull to swap back to your REAL registry before doing any changes at your PC etc...

But seriously, it pretty easy to mess up things this way..

Its better to use CTRL + ALT + DEL and shut down processes manually not needed, before doing tasks that you dont want interrupted.

Or premanently disable functions that you find annoying.. such as auto scheduled virus scan, back up etc.. Find them pretty annoying too ;)

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 2:19 am
Yeah, End it all is a much nicer app DiscoBrian ;) And perfectly safe

http://www.docsdownloads.com/enditall-1.htm

Made by PCMAG

(the clock has been changed at forum, so this post will appear before brians post, by error..hehe)

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 2:23 am
Tell Sky to stop advising Game XP, he got me advising it, I use End It All and that is all I need to make things good. This is after I have optimized

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 2:52 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
already stoped tis not sutiable for these parts

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 10:11 am
I gonna check out enditall, thanks everybody.

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 11:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)