Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Error Opening Xml pluginfile

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

911DJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Greetings,

Last night I began seeing this error message with the try to fix it screen poping up. It did not fix it.

I deleted the program and re-downloaded it. Same results.

Any idea of why this is happening?

Thanks for any help.

Posted Tue 10 Aug 04 @ 5:20 am
Hello,

Have you used a new effect plugin ? If yes, go to the plugin folder and move it in another folder (you can create a special folder for this) the new plugin, and open VDJ to see if the problem is always there.

If not, please report here the name of the plugin.

Coyote

Posted Tue 10 Aug 04 @ 5:43 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
First, try to delete the file "plug_in.xml" in the effects directory.

This should solve your problem.

Did you change anythings in the file?

Posted Tue 10 Aug 04 @ 7:02 am
I did not add any plug ins. Here is what I did do. I went to the mp3 database file and deleted all files. I did this because I deleted some files from my HD.

I noticed that after I deleted all files, I left a space in the file. In other words, the mp3 file was left blank, but then I pressed the space bar. After this, I had the error message etc.

I did as you all said, deleted the xml plugin in the plugin file. I still get the error message when press on database, on the left of the screen, rendering the program useless.

Why does this continue to happen? I deleted the program and downloaded a fresh copy? If I delete it again, is there something else that must be deleted so that when I download a fresh copy, I won't have this problem?

I'm disenchanted.

Thanks for any help you can direct my way.

Posted Tue 10 Aug 04 @ 8:07 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
just delete your vdj database file and run the program and it will create a new one that works, a reinstall wont fix this because the file is not overwritten whenyou reinstall (this is so when you upgrade you dont lose all of your data...

Posted Tue 10 Aug 04 @ 8:28 am
If deleting the DB does not work, try this:

- Delete the plug_in.xml file again,
- Download the last version of the TK Filter V2 plugin and replace the old one.
(http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=119)

Really strange that your are the only one having trouble with that.

Do you have strange security permissions on your virtualdj directory?

Posted Tue 10 Aug 04 @ 8:52 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hm.. about that deleting (also a question for Dev Staff):

Some time ago (from version 1.02 - 1.09) I was having problems with the SAMPLES menu crashing the software. I have uninstalled VDJ, deleted all records in the register, and after windows restart installed a fresh version. Still, the samples menu did not work.

Than, a funny thing happend when I was experimenting with shortcuts. I noticed that I can load samples with a keyboard shortcut without having to click on the samples menu, so I was able to load and play them, but could not adjust the volume, since I couldn't get to the levels for samples. But than I noticed that SAMPLE 1 was too loud (i never used it), so I found a shortuct to set a certain volume value for that sample. I enabled that shortcut, used it in the program and voila - SAMPLES MENU FINALLY WORKED!!

So I figured, when I was using the 1.02 version, I somehow (don't ask me how) set the SAMPLE 1 volume to more than allowed volume value (mroe than 4100 or sth.), which naturally crashed the software. But the thing I still don't understand, is how do these values remain saved in the computer, if I deleted ALL the VDJ data (+ cleared the register), and installed a fresh version with default values. That part, I still don't get.

So where is this data saved? If we get an answer to that, we could probably solve this problem too.

erXon

Posted Tue 10 Aug 04 @ 9:17 am
DJZero's suggestion was the solution for this problem.

Thank you everyone that responded.

I appreciate your time and effort

Posted Tue 10 Aug 04 @ 10:44 am
You're welcome ;)

Posted Tue 10 Aug 04 @ 11:05 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i think the only reason someone else diddn't say this is because they were confused whether you were talking about a plugin or the vdj database, it was only one little thing that tipped me off... the thing with an xml file is that it will not owrk if it is just a blank file... it needs extra information at the start and beginning that formats the document...

its best not to go and start formatting it yourself, leave that up to one of the programs designed to do it

Posted Tue 10 Aug 04 @ 9:24 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
by the way message has been forwarded to dev team

Posted Wed 11 Aug 04 @ 6:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)