Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: dac-3 midi

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

aqusHome userMember since 2006
Hi since I can not download the dac-3 mapper. How can I use my dac-3 in midi mode? I uncheck dac-3 and check midi but the light stays red. I would like to remap my dac-3 and really play with it for a while before i decide if I will buy it or not. Too bad VDJ didn't map the dac-3 the same way as PCDJ. So far both programs work well (except for the mapping) but I like much better the wave display of VDJ.
Please help
TIA

Posted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 12:30 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
There is standard DAC3 support built into VDJ. Not sure if this is available in the demo version, but it's defenitely there, which means that althoug the functions and features are not the same, it is possible to use it without Boggis's mapper.

(",)

P

Posted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 12:34 am
Plugin mappers are available to Professional Users only.

The demo does have Default mapping. It's basic but it works.

Purchase the software, & gain access to the goodies

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

Posted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 1:08 am
Despite the MIDI logo, the DAC-3 is NOT a native MIDI controller. To use it as one, you will need the PCDJ MIDI driver, which you can download from their site. This will emulate MIDI, but can be problematic to install and get it working (Particularly if you use other USB HID devices such as a mouse or keyboard.)

If you use MIDI, the LED's and LCD displays will not function (MIDI cannot support these) and you will lose pitch precision (128 steps MIDI vs 256 with native support.) You will also have to map all the buttons, sliders, etc. yourself manually.

Neither the built-in DAC-3 support or my custom mapper will behave exactly like PCDJ - My mapper is designed and optimised for VDJ, allowing you to take advantage of most VDJ features including direct access to audio effects, video mixing/effects, samples and file browsing. The general functionality of my mapper is designed to mimic the feel and operation of a hardware DJ CD player.

You will be able to download my mapper once you buy VDJ professional.

Posted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 1:44 am
I use a DAC-3 with VDJ (so do lots of others),

the jpboggis mapper works like a charm, so much more functionality than with PCDJ!

It's a shame that it's not possible to download it for the demo (i really think it should be just included with the software, since it's far better than the default!)

I'd bet you the cost of VDJ that u won't be dissappointed with the dac-3 custom mapper with VDJ!

:)

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 2:08 am
aqusHome userMember since 2006
Thanks for the info. yes it is a shame you can not try the jboggis mapper with the demo. The demo one is not bad except for you have to be very alert where you put your hands since you can not touch the jog wheels on the live deck, and the pitch bend % is too high. I should have bought the dac-3 without any software. Now i have to fork out more money to get PCDJ and the extra I spent for PCDJ is worthless. Oh well might see me here soon.

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 2:30 am
Just to let you know, using the custom mapper you can alter the jog wheel sensitivity and also stop it from straching whenever you touch the wheel.

good luck with your dac-3 :)

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 5:11 pm
With my mapper, by default the jogwheel will fine pitch bend while the song is playing and scratch while paused, so if you knock it by accident, it won't be very noticeable. You can toggle scratch while playing on/off with CP+MATCH or hold down CP+jogwheel to scratch.

The pitch bend buttons are far less sensitive in my mapper and you can optionally change the sensitivity to suit your preferences.

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 7:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)