Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Powered speakers

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Anybody have any opinions on these powered speakers

Gemini GX-450

Thanks
DJ MikeD

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 11:09 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
looks good :)
id get them

looking at the 300watt ones?

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 11:13 pm
Yup Get as much power as I need ....they are half the price of a mackie or JBL just wondering if they sound will be good

And if they will take a little bit of Portable dj Abuse????

Is gemini a good name for DJ Equipment????

DJ MikeD

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 11:21 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i use gemini dj gear its always served me well

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 11:23 pm
Wouldn't go near them. Too unreliable, that is if you're a mobile. If you are a hobiest it should be ok. Spend the extra $$ for JBL or stay away from powered and go with a QSC amp and good set of JBL Speakers.

Posted Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 2:09 am
i know this is only a matter of preference, but i've never been that keen on JBL stuff (although go for that over Gemini, Kam, etc anyday).

If you'll be using professionally (getting paid, making money), i'd save up for a while and buy a pair of mackie SRM450 speakers. Just great for mobile discos. :)

Ebay's always good for second hand stuff if you can afford to wait for the right thing to come on.

Posted Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 2:27 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
gemini speakers are nasty, some good decks and mixers. peavy are quite good for the lower price end

Posted Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 2:28 am
I would stay away from the gemini go for something better. get JBL or Mackie.

Posted Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 3:56 am
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
i'll also say stay away from gemini unless you're into that whole frustrating and bad sounding thing ;)

if money is an issue, look at passive (traditionally cheaper) and the yamaha s115V speakers with a decent amp will do wonders

Posted Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 4:51 am
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have one of those gemini for a booth monitor (not by choice) and it's not that great.

Posted Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 10:35 am
Don't go cheep.. I did before with JBLs Powerd with subs and they suck.... Upgraded to Makie SRM450 ACTIVE.. Very nice.... If you need lots of low end go with a non powered setup... Bose are OK to..

Posted Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 10:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)