Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video Transition Freezing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK here goes. I have the biggest baddest laptop that HP makes with the nvidia 7600 video card. it has 512 on the memory. it i do the transitions manunaly by clicking in the small window of the next video the transition works great. However, if I set it to auto pilot or to transfer when I hit the play button it starts the transfer and freezes half way through. The audio continues thank god. Is there a setting or any I can do to tweek my system to to make the video work on auto pilot. thanks, Mike

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 6:20 am
I presume your saying the video slider stops halfway, not the video it's self?
This is intended, when you stop the old player, the slider with then complete its travel to "the other side"

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 8:24 am
you are correct my friend... any ideas on how to correct that issue. Also i noticed that my cue points don't always stay after I shut down ??? HELP

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 7:07 pm
This is not an issue, VJD was designed this way. when you press play on your new track the transistion begins, stopping about 25% in. when you press CUE on your outgoing track, it will slide smoothly over to the new track.

If this is not the way you wish to do it, just disable auto trans by clicking the transition name (Depending on what skin your using) and either assign two buttons on your keyboard (one for left, one for right) to manually apply the transition when you want it to happen.

Go into config-keyboard shortcuts, and assign an new shortcut to video-video-crossfade. in the small box enter something like +128, click the top box, and press the key you wish to assign it to. Then repeat for the other side but enter -128, to go the other way.
When you press and hold the keys you set, the video crossfade should fade over to the set side.

If you have a controller, many mappers are avaliable that will allow you to crossfade from the controller too.

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 12:23 am
well thats sad. I would like the video to just start it'e crossfade and continue no matter if I stop the othere player or not... Oh well, Thanks for your help... I still love this program. I will deal with this issue because everything else is great.

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 1:45 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
you can click on the video preview to have a full video crossfade

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 11:12 pm
yes I can but I was hopeing not to have to go that rout if I didn't realy feel like working that night... lol

Posted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 7:27 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Indeed, it would be interesting to have 2 modes for automatic transition.

Posted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 8:16 pm

Would be very nice, and is currently on the list of ideas of improvements... ;) (Dj Cel)
Hope it can be added

Posted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 8:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)