Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Having trouble getting my music to play

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Pitts96Home userMember since 2007
I have DJ Mix Station 3 EJay Edition. I have been able to get my music to show up in my playlist, but all of my songs have the record icon with the question mark next to it and will not drag to the turn table or analyse. I am very frustrated and would appreciate any help that I can get. I have even had a friend that uses virtual dj look at it and from what he can tell my music files are just like his and he is clueless to my problem too!

Janie

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 5:04 am
When you drag the song onto the deck,, do you get an Error message ??

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 5:08 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
.mp3 ?

are they from a download store if so its possible they are protected and wont play in any aplication apart from the one the store allows

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 11:12 am
I get no error messages. The music I am trying isn't music I have downloaded, it's all music that I have taken from CD's. It is in Itunes, but I have it all in the format that a friend of mine is using with Virtual DJ, however he is using the profession edition...I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 2:34 pm
itunes files are protected with a drm that is supposed to prevent the playing of the files outside of itunes

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 2:38 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have a few ITunes songs. What I did was make them into a CD then rip to VDJ<

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 7:32 pm

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 7:55 pm
ok, so I figured out how to get my music to play. But now the problem is that when I play a song it's not playing all of the song. When I open the song in Windows Media player it will show that the song is 3:35 minutes long but when I drag it to the turntable it will only be 1:02 minutes long. Now what's my problem?? Help!!

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 10:57 pm

Variable Bitrate and advanced coding is not working well in VirtualDJ home edition.

Recode to normal mp3 (constant bitrate)

Or upgrade to the full pro version of VDJ if you like...

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 11:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)