Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: kX Project Drivers ASIO out question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

fr0styPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hey guys,

I'm trying to get Virtual DJ 4.2r1 to work in ASIO _output_ mode with the kX Project drivers and a Soundblaster Live! 5.1 card. I can get the kX drivers installed fine and I do get audio output, however it seems that what should be playing through the headphones is getting mixed into the front speakers.

Anyone had any success getting this to work? I've tried looking at the DSP routing and ASIO routing settings within the kX mixer but that just baffles me :) I'd like it so that one audio output on the card can be used for monitoring while the other goes to the main speakers. Tried the 4.1 option in Virtual DJ but would this not give higher latency than using ASIO?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Posted Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 11:42 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
do you get any options to assign channels =)

Posted Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 1:36 pm
Depending on which card you use you get a number of output devices. The one ending in 0/1 is always the mixed out of all channels on your main out.

output1 is device 2/3, output2 is device 4/5, output 3 is 6/7 and output4 is 8/9 (depending on availability)

So if you use output 0/1 for headphones you will also hear main out..

This is all well documented in the kX manual..

Posted Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 8:07 pm
Thanks guys. I managed to find a DSP setup for kX that routes ASIO channels 1/2 to the front output jack and ASIO channels 3/4 to the rear output jack. Now it works great with no skipping at 2.66ms latency (latency according to the driver anyway).

If anyone wants the setup let me know I can post a link or describe it. For those familiar with the kX mixer it's basically two 'src' devices wired up to outputs on a 'k1lt' device (you'd use the 'k2lt' device if you're using an emu10k2 based card). It bypasses the internal mixer of the card I think but still works ok for DJing and I can just go back to the regular setup if/when I need to.

VirtualDJ wouldn't let me choose any other ASIO outputs to use besides the two pairs 1&2 and 3&4, which is why I had to find some way to route those specific ASIO channels to the proper audio jacks on the card I wanted. With the default routings in kX, these ASIO output channels were being sent through some other processing/mixing path.

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 1:00 am
@fr0sty

Are you using tcvs with the soundblaster live and asio kx drivers? Once I tried to work with tcvs and 2 soundblaster live and kx drivers, but I couldn't break the channels for the tcvs' inputs and outputs even modifying the registry.

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 4:57 pm
sep frosty, I would like a link to the setup file if possible of the kx project. I've tried using this in the past but have had no luck.

thanks

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 6:37 am
Hey all,

The setup I used can be found here:
http://members.home.nl/nahutec/kxtutor/example.html

Just use the 'k1lt' plugin instead of the 'k2lt' plugin if you've got a 10k1 based card (like a Live).

I found that my system couldn't handle the latency at 2.66ms quite stably (VirtualDJ would occasionally stutter and would sometimes freeze up by BCD2000), so I'm currently using the 10.55 ms setting which seems to work ok. I think that's more to do with my system though than with the kX drivers.

I'm using the latest version of the kX drivers from their site and everything seems to work ok. I did notice that I had to reload my custom setup into the DSP once I'd rebooted (it had been set back to the default).

Posted Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 12:10 am
Is this really worth the hassle.. just get a decent (external) audio interface.. It wil save you a lot of hassle..

Posted Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 11:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)