Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: remapping DJ console functions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've found a thread that points me to http://www.virtualdj.com/support/developers/controllers.html if i want to remap some of the functions of the DJ console.

I'm not too kkeen on going down this road. Is there an easy way to get the 2 big jog wheels to do something different? I don't find the need for pitch bending with the synch buttons, and would like to use them in relation to moving a loop on a track. I've found a skin that lets you do it with your mouse - obsidian, but it seems a shame to have the se two great big jog wheels and not do anything with them.

PS - Thanks to Skyfxl for his broadcasting guide.

Lemonzorba

Posted Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 1:56 am
If you upgrade to PRO you can get the mapper to change all the buttons.

Posted Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 7:23 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
heya , you need the pro copy sorry as it has the midi funtions in it needed for a mapper to work

glad u liked the guide :)

you can get pro here for a reduced price as you bought the mk2 :)
discount

Posted Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 1:14 pm
Is there no other way around this, even if it is in a difficult manner? I know I get a discount on buying the pro version, but even so it still costs E200,which theres no way i can justify to my wife after getting a console!

Any suggestions or even half thoughts would be welcome cause at the moment i've got an expensive (though I know not relatively expensive compared to other music hardware - its still expensive to me) piece of kit that does not add a great deal to my mixing experience... >:(

lemonzorba

Posted Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 5:11 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
thats the way it is sorry you payed for the hardware not the software

the software was a gift to get you going :)

regards

simon

Posted Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 5:29 pm
skyfxl wrote :
sorry the software was a gift :)simon

Ho,,, Hoo,,, Hooooooooooo.

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 12:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)