Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 16 Beat Loop

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,
I'm completely new to DJ'ing, but have been picking things up using the Hercules DJ Console. One thing I was wondering was whether it was possible to set a loop of 16 beats. I remember reading that there was a skin that could do this, can anyone help?
Thanks in Advance,
Nick

Posted Sun 08 Aug 04 @ 2:33 pm
Not all skins have this but its possible by setting shortcuts or downloading a skin with this on!

Posted Sun 08 Aug 04 @ 2:39 pm
I find it much easier to set my own loops than to use Virtual DJ's. The reason for this is that VDJ will create a perfect loop (which you need) IF the tempo is set to the exact tempo of the track, but to save time manually setting the exact tempo of each track i use keyboard shortcuts.

Step 1.
You will need to bind 3 keys for this: loop_in, loop_out, and loop. The first two explain themselves, but when loop is bound with a value of 0 it acts as a Loop Exit, which will exit the loop at whatever point you are at and continue to play the track.

Step 2.
This works best if the track is not playing. Find the point where you want the loop to start and hit your loop_in key. Then, using the jogwheel, scroll to the point where you want the loop to finish (in your case, 16 beats later). Hit your loop_out key.

Step 3.
Hit play and you should have a perfect loop!

Hint: If you change the scale on the 'visual' part of VDJ to very high you can get a much more precise loop.

Hope that helped somewhat
SHAUN

Posted Mon 09 Aug 04 @ 8:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)