Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Automix length - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Why isn't it possible in VirtualDJ to change the automix length?
The way automix is now behaving is much to quick (for me).

Regards,
Fred

Posted Mon 07 Jul 03 @ 6:59 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
There are different styles you can define in the options though. Smart, tempo, fade and none. Have you tried these ?

Posted Mon 07 Jul 03 @ 10:07 pm
Yes, I have tried these but I still like the atomixmp3 way more that this one.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 03 @ 11:20 pm
Same here.

I am a Atomix-user and downloaded the demo - yeah, i love VirtualDJ, but i would be nice if anyone could tell me, how i can define longer Automix-Crossfades.

After this is solved, i am pretty sure to press the "purchase" button :D

Posted Tue 08 Jul 03 @ 12:22 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I don't think there are any plans to be able to set the mix length for automixing. :-(

Posted Tue 08 Jul 03 @ 12:26 am
Hm... bad... I love VDJ, but the automixing is really too fast for my use...

Of course i could use Atomix for Automixing and VDJ for LiveActs - but... Hm... Would be fine to have it in one tool...

Hope there is a way to this...

Ah, yes: Thanks for the quick response !

Posted Tue 08 Jul 03 @ 12:29 am
Ok I have now tried all automix options for a few days but I still don't like it. Therefore I want to request the developers of this program to make the "time" option also available in VDJ.

Please?

Posted Wed 09 Jul 03 @ 11:56 pm
esq2manPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I absolutely agree! I just did my first party with VDJ and automix would start songs up to 1:30 into the song. For a 9:00 trance tune, that is fine. However, I was playing 2:00 long 50's tunes at the time. I had guests ask me to play the "whole song this time." Is there any way to ensure that songs start at the beginning of the tune and end at the end. VDJ's peak analysis is sometimes too sensitive. At the very least, cue 1 should be the starting point, so I can override the peak anaysis.

Other than that, I am absolutely amazed at what VDJ can do. It is a revolutionary program, that blows away anything else out there. It is like working with turntables, without having to lug a dozen milk crates filled with vinyl.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 03 @ 5:10 am
set the automix setting to none. It will play the previous song all the wat to the very end, and start the next song at the very beginning.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 03 @ 2:40 pm
esq2manPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thank you for the suggestion, but Atomix was still more flexible with the option to start the mix 5 seconds before the end of the song, this reduces the chances of having dead air and also starts the song at the beginning.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 03 @ 4:29 am
You're right. I feel It's the one single feature of Atomix that got left behind. It's a bit of a trade off.... Hated to lose the automix feature, but it seems that's the way it is.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 03 @ 5:11 am
Yep, it really seems to be the only missing thing.

Any chances the Team will fix this and give us back this feature :D ?

Posted Tue 15 Jul 03 @ 9:39 pm
delly2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
can someone tell me how to, when automixing, pause my crossfade then continue from where I stopped without the crossfader starting over from the begining of either side of the crosdsfader?
In this way I could choose the length of my crossfade.
Please,I would like to do this without adding another effect.
I tried an effect and when I paused the crossfading the music was paused also.
I would like to pause the crossfader without pausing the song too.
I can pause my automix by pressing the automix key a second time, but when i try to continue with my automix it always go back to the begining or the end of the mix and restart.
thanks if anyone can help here.

Posted Sat 30 Jul 05 @ 11:49 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Disable the autostart option in the plugin XFade ;-)
You can also use the plugin Fader Start at the same time if you need to keep this function to the both side of the crossfader.

Posted Sat 30 Jul 05 @ 2:22 pm
delly2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Thanks for the support, but is there a plugin than can be used from virtualdj's main engine?
These plugins are a bit complicated, take up space in places for effects I use frequently and don't give information on how to operate them.
Thanks much, and will you let me know if there is somewhere I can place this effect other than in one of the three places I have available for my effects?

Posted Sat 30 Jul 05 @ 10:24 pm
i would never trust automix, its pretty pointless too, i dunt see y u would ever need it, all it does it beatlock, and move crossfader, that is easy enough to do on ur own, i think fixing automix, would be a waste of time, wat is the point of buying dj software, to have it crapilly mix for u?

just my thoughts

-Brennan

Posted Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 2:49 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I'm sure some of these fellows have there reasons to use the automix option. But they do something you don't, buy the product. Who can not effort $129 in these bussiness?, is the price of some headphones.

You are an integrated member of these comunity with your participations, why don't be a full member? It's the best way (and easyest) to have all the features of VDJ and the updates too. Why be outlaw and degradate your true value?

Posted Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 3:38 am
i will be soon, but this is only a hobby, and im just a kid, so money isnt easy to come up with for me

Posted Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 6:10 am
and spend 130.00 on something to use automix, its not worth it

Posted Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 6:11 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Yeah, sure... you have a bank account, and... you known, if your a kid that explains your responses. You maybe lie to us, but don't lie to you. Is pointless, be well Brennan.

Posted Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 11:25 am
95%